Around the NHL 2015-16: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...awarded--126k-in-civil-lawsuit-014105051.html

A jury in a Denver-area civil trial involving Colorado Avalanche goaltender Semyon Varlamov sided with the netminder over his ex-girlfriend Evgeniya Vavrinyuk.

A jury of three women and four men awarded Varlamov $126,000 in damages.

I wonder how many people saw it playing out that way....

Also, there was a recording where Vavrinyuk said she hit Varlamov first.

According to Menninger, via the Post, Vavrinyuk didn’t go to police until she had a signed contract with Denver lawyer Robert Abrams that would have given him 40 percent of a settlement. Also according to Varlamov’s lawyers via the Post, Vavrinyuk, “had telephone conversations with a friend in Russia in which she said she wanted a $1 million payout which she would have to split with the lawyer …â€

Wow

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm OK with McDavid being otherworldly and Eichel just being worldly. That was pretty much what we all knew.

No reason to constantly compare their play. Now we compare cups. I would take Toews over Crosby all day.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Wideman Gets 20 Game Suspension

CaT9I94WYAAJj5y.jpg

Last edited:

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

I think this is the right call. Smart move by the NHL. If wideman appeals then they go to a third party for judgement. NHL gets to look tough (they clearly are tough) on infractions against officials and wideman still has the option of fighting to have it reduced.

That said, wideman was clearly in the wrong. I didn't buy his whole (paraphrasing) "it was a reaction and it happened so fast, i didn't realize who i hit." I just don't buy it.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The veins at the bottom of the leaf look like a butt.

That's actually the Legendary LeafButt mountain that erupts nostalgia and historical fiction to feed the Toronto Masses every time the ownership does something stupid. Rumor is leaf fans gather around its "Brown Shower" to roll around in it before the season begins.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
That's actually the Legendary LeafButt mountain that erupts nostalgia and historical fiction to feed the Toronto Masses every time the ownership does something stupid. Rumor is leaf fans gather around its "Brown Shower" to roll around in it before the season begins.

Post of the year candidate

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Clock

May 13, 2006
20 games if the guy is probably out of his mind seems like way too much.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I think it was mentioned a page or two back, but it certainly is curious. One of those times that makes you wish you knew what went on behind closed doors.

my guess is a simple difference in philosophy. Wonder what's next for Darcy or if he even has any sort of future in an NHL front office.

Doubtful but I wonder if it has anything to do with the John Scott deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad