GWT: EPL - Matchweek 37 (Ft. MW 34)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nice one :)

I am tentatively planning to sign off with end of season review/transfer preview and then I’m hitting the trail. If the people want it, that is.
Don't let outside comments get to you fam. I write hot takes here and at times, a lot of them and even though 98% become true, I get a lot of flack for it at the current time yet I am still here churning and burning. Effin' A bruv.

Reactions: luiginb

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
For relegation:

Relegation officially confirmed with Forest up and Burnley and Luton down if:
- Forest WIN AND (Luton DRAW or Luton LOSS)
OR
- Forest DRAW AND Luton LOSS AND (Burnley DRAW or Burnley LOSS)

Maximum chaos would be a Forest LOSS, a BIG Burnley WIN and a Luton DRAW. That would bring Burnley within GD range of Luton which would effectively mean that all three sides would need a win on final day.

For example if Burnley somehow got a 4-0 win it would leave them within 2 GD of Luton. Forest would still have a commanding GD lead, but Burnley would be going all out for the win and Forest would know that if they lose they're down so they likely wouldn't want to just sit back and try to part for a draw.
How about no and a boring final day, please. Awoniyi being fit enough to start the last two would be a massive boost

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Akanji is doing his best to make Arsenal champion but the rest of the team are fighting it lol

No idea why Pep would start him over Stones

2-0 City, goal Foden

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Olise puts Palace up 1-0 with a really nice one.

Palace looks transformed under Glasner.

Mateta makes it 2-0 already.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Olise puts Palace up 1-0 with a really nice one.

Palace looks transformed under Glasner.

Mateta makes it 2-0 already.
Are we sure it’s Glasner or is it Eze and Olise both being healthy at the same time for a run of games. Obviously anyone is an upgrade on Hodgson, but having their two best players healthy finally is probably making just as much if not more of a difference

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Are we sure it’s Glasner or is it Eze and Olise both being healthy at the same time for a run of games. Obviously anyone is an upgrade on Hodgson, but having their two best players healthy finally is probably making just as much if not more of a difference
Having them healthy is big as well of course, but they look way better on the ball overall than under Hodgson. Their style of play is just much more fluid and their counter attacking has been vastly better.

Munoz has been a really good addition as well, he's looked fantastic.

Reactions: luiginb

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Mentality alone does a lot of the work. Hodgson, a la Moyes, just wants to "take the sting out" of a game. There's nothing brave about it. And when you have players like Olise and Eze, you're neutering them before a ball has been kicked, even if they were 100% healthy.

Reactions: Blender

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
They wanted a send off for Moyes, instead they got a typical David Moyes performance and now they're getting booed lol

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Imagine if Doucore was healthy as well

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Having them healthy is big as well of course, but they look way better on the ball overall than under Hodgson. Their style of play is just much more fluid and their counter attacking has been vastly better.

Munoz has been a really good addition as well, he's looked fantastic.
Mentality alone does a lot of the work. Hodgson, a la Moyes, just wants to "take the sting out" of a game. There's nothing brave about it. And when you have players like Olise and Eze, you're neutering them before a ball has been kicked, even if they were 100% healthy.
For sure, and Glasner deserves credit. What I am just trying to say is that Palace has rarely had both of their two best players healthy at the same time as each other; and especially now that they’ve been cut loose you see the results; but any of us would have also said “yeah, fire Roy and get those guys healthy”

Out where

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
For sure, and Glasner deserves credit. What I am just trying to say is that Palace has rarely had both of their two best players healthy at the same time as each other; and especially now that they’ve been cut loose you see the results; but any of us would have also said “yeah, fire Roy and get those guys healthy”

Out where
sub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad