Around the NHL | 2013 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Good day for our playoff hopes, with TO, the Islanders, Jersey and Winnipeg all losing.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Sportsnet showed the Eastern Conference standings and announced Leafs still in 5th place after the loss,tied with Ottawa which they still showed in 6th place.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Sportsnet showed the Eastern Conference standings and announced Leafs still in 5th place after the loss,tied with Ottawa which they still showed in 6th place.

technically they should be going by point% and not points right now, but if they are going by points, toronto holds the ROW tiebreaker.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
All of the gloating by Leaf fans was bad karma.

They get spanked by the Flyers, and an iffy goal call by the ref "decided the game".

Funny, a goal didn't count for us either because of the ref in our game that also would have tied the game up.

It's actually quite an amusing coincidence.

source

Jul 13, 2008
All of the gloating by Leaf fans was bad karma.

They get spanked by the Flyers, and an iffy goal call by the ref "decided the game".

Funny, a goal didn't count for us either because of the ref in our game that also would have tied the game up.

It's actually quite an amusing coincidence.

That's a bit of a stretch. Silfverberg's no-goal was ages ago.

source

Jul 13, 2008
OH yeah, that was BS, but the ref should only have assumed it was covered from his position.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone know if Mark and Mike Stone are half-brothers or do they both have the same parents? Odd question I know, but they look almost nothing alike.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Elliot with a great game and the Blues win. Karlsson with his eyes closed would play better than the Pietrangelo right now

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
The official NHL webpage has the Sens in 5th with TO in 6th. Keep in mind that TSN is really the Toronto Sports Network, and they continually favour the Leafs in their coverage. TO was often rated higher than the Sens in the TSN power rankings, even when we were up in points and every other power ranking had us placed higher.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
The official NHL webpage has the Sens in 5th with TO in 6th. Keep in mind that TSN is really the Toronto Sports Network, and they continually favour the Leafs in their coverage. TO was often rated higher than the Sens in the TSN power rankings, even when we were up in points and every other power ranking had us placed higher.

Well in this case TSN has it right, it was on Sportsnet .

I could understand if they just hadn't updated their chart, but then the
announcer made a point of saying that the Leafs were still in 5th place.

I would hope someone has set them straight by now, just seemed odd.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
The NHL web page actually has it right. ROW breaks a tie when there are equal games played at the end of the season. When teams are tied during the season but have unequal games played, it is convention to give the higher placing to the team with games in hand. This convention gives identical results as using % points earned to break the tie.

It doesn't really matter until game 48, so it is all moot.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
The mainboard right now is hilarious...

Everyone saying the Flyers were dirty with their hit on Lupul, even the TML Mods are as well :facepalm:

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
The mainboard right now is hilarious...

Everyone saying the Flyers were dirty with their hit on Lupul, even the TML Mods are as well :facepalm:

seeing as i'm with euge on the whole cooke-karlsson thing, i probably shouldnt comment.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Alright, one game sample obviously.

What I mean is if he does if he does become a great #1, then should we not get good value back? I like Conacher too. Hope he does well.

We shouldn't shackle these 2 together- although I understand that it's somewhat inevitable.

Bishop was the odd man out here, and Conacher was the best return available in BM's eyes.

Conacher being more effective than Regin or Hoffman or Greening or Condra should be the barometer for success, considering that Bishop would have been warming the bench here once Andy is healthy. Let's just hold off on expecting CC to post the forwards' equivalent of a shutout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad