Around the NHL | 2013 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
My point was simply that 96% doesn't look so sure when looking at possible remaining records.

I just did look into how many times they play and teams remaining, there are only 3 games between them left total.

Definitely I think the Rangers and Isles could easily go with that record to end the season, it is basically how they have been playing in the last ten and they both play a bunch of lower ranked teams. If they win the games they should win, they can easily get that record.

The Devils on the other hand are in tough, 2 vs NYR, 2 vs. TO, Ott, Mon, Pit, Bos. And they have been playing crappy. But they are the Devils with Brodeur so I wouldn't count them out.

Ottawa still has a winnable schedule but they do play some tough matches down the stretch. NJ, TO, Bos, Pit, Wasx2. there is 6 possible losses right there.

They need the next couple wins in a big way...massive tilts even though they look like they 'should' be wins. And that game against NJ could be huge.

It does when you realize those records are pretty much impossible. Ottawa is going to make the playoffs.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Avs not even pretending to play defense. Odd man rushes because of turnovers, got scored on a 2 on 0 while on the PK.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Phoenix scored and the Avs PBP guy literally said "Are you kidding me?"

Are you kidding me? :facepalm:

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 44s
David Krejci when asked about not getting a shot off in the final minute on the PP: "[expletive] ice." #BruinsTalk

As one who watched the final period of the game, I have to say this is utter BS by Krejci. They made around 20 passes to each other and when they could have shot they passed. They only have themselves to blame.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Seriously how is Colorado that bad? They are showing shades of 2010/2011 where I think they lost something ridiculous like 25 of 27(exaggeration) to end the season. You'd think they would have improved over a three year period of time, but their defense looks even worse.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
As one who watched the final period of the game, I have to say this is utter BS by Krejci. They made around 20 passes to each other and when they could have shot they passed. They only have themselves to blame.

I saw it too and I agree, they had their chances.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I've given up on people that still don't see how good Karlsson is. It's too bad for them that they are missing greatness that doesn't come along very often. They'll have the same type of regret years later as people that never got to see the poetry that was Gretzky in his prime (ie. me).

The only thing I care about is that Karlsson isn't affected long term by the injury, and it won't impact how good Karlsson would have been otherwise. It's bad enough that we lost a year of Karlsson magic on ice.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I've given up on people that still don't see how good Karlsson is. It's too bad for them that they are missing greatness that doesn't come along very often. They'll have the same type of regret years later as people that never got to see the poetry that was Gretzky in his prime (ie. me).

The only thing I care about is that Karlsson isn't affected long term by the injury, and it won't impact how good Karlsson would have been otherwise. It's bad enough that we lost a year of Karlsson magic on ice.

Completely agree.

I don't think we should expect much from Habs fans. They said Subban was better two years ago and last year. After his play this year, it was only going to get worse...

Subban's an amazing defenseman, but not Karlsson. Sorry, Habs fans.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I was around for Gretzky and Lemieux etc. They were incredible.

This year I had a conversation with a co-worker after about ten games and I said I think EK is better than Coffey and might be one of the greatest hockey players I've ever seen. He was amazing this season. Just brilliant. Comparing Subban to him is an insult and and anyone who thinks that is a fool.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Completely agree.

I don't think we should expect much from Habs fans. They said Subban was better two years ago and last year. After his play this year, it was only going to get worse...

Subban's an amazing defenseman, but not Karlsson. Sorry, Habs fans.

No. Subban is a good defenseman. It's not that close. There are dozens of PK Subbans in the league at any given time in history.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
They should call when other teams plan their game-plan around Subban.

Anyways, I thought MAK was overrating Subban recently but now I would agree Karlsson-Subban would be a deadly pair.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Time for habs to get crushed in the first round, so they can get off their high horses.

Like AP said, as long as Karlsson comes back 100% then we'll be good. Karlsson is not the type of guy you need to form an argument for.

He will play his way to the top among one of the best all-time. The way he dominated the game at the start of the season was just disgusting. Never seen anyone single-handedly dominate like that since Hasek.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Let them have their fun. When karlsson returns to form, they'll know whats up. Actually never mind, the lot of them are delusional and dont follow players they like to compare their "superstars" too.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
subban is the best dman the habs have had for 20 years. He is good, and no-one is arguing against that.

he's just not karlsson. Karlsson is on another level. Habs fans who watch karlsson understand this. Habs fans who listen to RDS do not.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
My buddy likes to argue Letang = Karlsson.

My buddy is an idiot.

i think if you're going to argue anyone = karlsson, letang is the guy to choose.

If letang was healthy last year, i'm certain he would've been a finaist for the norris and may have stolen enough karlsson votes to let chara or weber win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad