On a scale 1-5, how would you rate these playoffs?

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Play on the ice has been 'meh' so far 2 or 3 out 5. The local CBC station going cold when it's not Toronto or Winnipeg playing turned it into a 1 for me. This time last year I was guaranteed an Eastern and Western game daily - didn't matter who was playing. Now all I get is Schitt's Creek reruns and local news 80% of the time. Terrible

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
3. Not great. Not terrible.

The Dal/Vegas series is probably the best. But Vegas's style still doesn't allow the games to be as exciting.

Their hasn't been any real upsets. But that could change.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013

Boring, low quality hockey with a bunch of zombie teams and doormats.

The Stars kids are the only ones making it fun.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
I guess it depends on expectations, and certain one's favourite teams' success (or lack thereof) may colour opinion.

I would give the playoffs a 3 out of 5 so far. Yes, some series have been pretty one sided, but either I did not pay much attention to it because I didn't have a cheering interest, or the result was not unexpected. I have watched at least one game from every matchup so far.

As an Oilers fan, I am pretty happy about how they made it past the first round relatively easily though I was not happy they played LA again (I was hoping for Vegas).

As a non-Leaf fan, I found cheering for Boston to be quite satisfying though the past few games have been pretty frustrating. But with a game seven coming, it will be a fun watch, and probably the highlight of the first round (aside from watching the Oilers advance).

I didn't think watching an all US series would interest me but Dallas / Vegas has been superb.

I like Colorado too but was hoping Winnipeg would be a bit more competitive. But even an Avs/Oilers West Semi Final would be good.

I only watched one game of the Rangers/Caps series, knowing that it was such a mismatch.

That said, I think without even watching round 2, the overall rating of the playoffs will skyrocket significantly since I expect all the matchups will be superb, whether I have a cheering interest or not. Planning to catch all the games of all the series, where possible.

Reactions: Tofveve

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Rating the playoffs when we're only 15% of the way through?

I knew the internet and instant access really did a number on patience, delayed gratification, and attention spans, but this seems a little extreme.

Reactions: cptjeff

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

The first round is usually the best round and, if that's the case this year, we're in for a snooze fest - unless a Canadian team (or 2) makes the Finals.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Over all pretty dull but the Leafs Bruins series alone is taken it up a full point. So I'm going with a 3 and can get to a 4 if we get some game 7 overtime game.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

Boring, NYI and Caps won a combined 1 game. Worst are the refs. I'm starting to really question if the fix from Vegas (not Golden Knights) is in. It's been that bad in about every series I've seen

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

Oilers are past round 1 in 5 games.

I was at the game yesterday.

Tons of fun so far.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Too small of a sample size, looking forward to the heavy weight clashes in the next two rounds.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
8d71b0fe-d4ee-4150-b9af-8942c98d6334_text.gif

Reactions: Crow and Plural

blueinbigd

Mar 8, 2012
I feel like alot of games have not been playoff style games
Not enough hitting. Im not seeing enough players finishing their checks
Some really ugly goals, I think at least 3 from bad bounces off boards
Espn sucks with the names all over the screen and the overuse of robocam at center ice
Doesnt matter how good the play starts to get and you want to take a chance on missing a beautiful pass through the neutral zone that leads to a scoring chance so we can see a blurry view of the game just ruins it for me

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Just ranking the 1st round probably only a 2.

The fact that none of Tampa, LA, Washington, Winnipeg or NYI really put up any resistance at all kind of made all of those series a snooze.

The Preds/Canucks series has been super close, but it's been pretty dreadful to watch.

The last two series are good though. Full value imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad