Around the NHL | 2013 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Oddly, the NHL Boxscore has every Flyer at E or +1 (on +/-) despite being 4-1 down...

All of Winnipeg'a goals were on the PP according to the box score.. But it doesn't have Philly taking penalties at those points in the game... *****?

Just watched the highlights, they were 5 on 5 goals. Someone is sleeping on the job at the scorer's desk in Winnipeg.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
I do not like the sites that show Playoff% as much as looking at the remaining schedule because they rely only on previous games win% throughout the year. At any time the one team can flunk and the other play well.

Sens just have to kinda stink it up while any one of the teams just outside get hottish and the others between play some pretty good hockey.

For instance, Sens are about 96% to make it on the stats sites.

But in the real world a finish like this...
Sens...4-6-1
Rangers...6-4-1
Isles...6-3-1
Devils...7-3-1
..... would put the Sens out.....doesn't feel like 96% anymore does it.

so.......saying all that....I see them making it in, they have comeback good after bad games, have a competitive system every night, play a number of lower seeded teams in the last 11 and will get a boost from a couple returning players soon. Plus they better start playing sharp if they are going to the dance.

Basically I am cheering for 5 Senators wins and for the losses listed above.

Which mean tonight I cheer for the Leafs...Bigtime....yikes. While a Leafs collapse would be funny (same goes for the leafs 4-6-1 combined with above and Leafs are out), I'm more concerned about the Sens chances...besides I actually would like to see them make it over the a team like the Devils or Rangers....more entertainment value. Also don't mind them stepping up into the 5 hole.

also go Carolina, Tampa and Florida (would also like to see the Jets make it, and hopefully Florida is in letdown mode day after division win)

You think all 3 are going to have that record? How many times do they play each other? Or the Pens?

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
NHL.COM saying Jets scored 4 power play goals (On main page). Not one power play goal. Monkeys running the site!

edit: :laugh: already been noted, my bad.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Watching Scabs vs Ruins

It makes no sense how we just can't beat Boston, they are looking absolutely terrible right now

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
You think all 3 are going to have that record? How many times do they play each other? Or the Pens?

My point was simply that 96% doesn't look so sure when looking at possible remaining records.

I just did look into how many times they play and teams remaining, there are only 3 games between them left total.

Definitely I think the Rangers and Isles could easily go with that record to end the season, it is basically how they have been playing in the last ten and they both play a bunch of lower ranked teams. If they win the games they should win, they can easily get that record.

The Devils on the other hand are in tough, 2 vs NYR, 2 vs. TO, Ott, Mon, Pit, Bos. And they have been playing crappy. But they are the Devils with Brodeur so I wouldn't count them out.

Ottawa still has a winnable schedule but they do play some tough matches down the stretch. NJ, TO, Bos, Pit, Wasx2. there is 6 possible losses right there.

They need the next couple wins in a big way...massive tilts even though they look like they 'should' be wins. And that game against NJ could be huge.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I do not like the sites that show Playoff% as much as looking at the remaining schedule because they rely only on previous games win% throughout the year. At any time the one team can flunk and the other play well.

Sens just have to kinda stink it up while any one of the teams just outside get hottish and the others between play some pretty good hockey.

For instance, Sens are about 96% to make it on the stats sites.

But in the real world a finish like this...
Sens...4-6-1
Rangers...6-4-1
Isles...6-3-1
Devils...7-3-1
..... would put the Sens out.....doesn't feel like 96% anymore does it.

so.......saying all that....I see them making it in, they have comeback good after bad games, have a competitive system every night, play a number of lower seeded teams in the last 11 and will get a boost from a couple returning players soon. Plus they better start playing sharp if they are going to the dance.

Basically I am cheering for 5 Senators wins and for the losses listed above.

Which mean tonight I cheer for the Leafs...Bigtime....yikes. While a Leafs collapse would be funny (same goes for the leafs 4-6-1 combined with above and Leafs are out), I'm more concerned about the Sens chances...besides I actually would like to see them make it over the a team like the Devils or Rangers....more entertainment value. Also don't mind them stepping up into the 5 hole.

also go Carolina, Tampa and Florida (would also like to see the Jets make it, and hopefully Florida is in letdown mode day after division win)
How are all the Atlantic teams going to have records that great when they all have to play each other a **** ton before the end of the season.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Kadri is a diver. I'm trying really hard to not hate the guy just because. Awesome hands. But every game he seems to fake some knee on knee type of thing and dive over someone's leg with contact he's actually initiated. Hope he blows it out.

Also, screw you CBC announcers. I guess that's one way to see it. Fayne barely moved - if at all.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
The problem with sites that calculate percentages for making the playoffs is that they cannot really take streaks fully into account. Ottawa is on a 7 game road trip, and nothing says we will continue to pick up points at the same pace as before. We could easily find ourselves neck and neck with others at the 8/9 line by the time the boys are back in Ottawa for that last home stand. Plus there is nothing to say the injuries wont eventually catch up to us. Imagine Anderson discovers that he is not fully healed yet, and Lehner plays the way he did last night. A four or five point bulge can disappear in a big hurry.

Looking at the schedule it seems as though the teams nipping at our heals will continue to close in on us until we finish this road trip. The last stretch of 5/6 at home (or something like that, I don't have my schedule out) will determine whether we are in the playoffs, and what seed we get. On the flip side, if the teams gets hot during the rest of the road trip we can pretty much make ourselves a lock by the time they get back.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Ol'washed up number 8 with two goals already. Perhaps the sixth spot is not the greatest position to be in.

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
How are all the Atlantic teams going to have records that great when they all have to play each other a **** ton before the end of the season.

A quick look at the schedule would fix that thought for ya...but....Devils play Rangers twice, Isles play Rangers once...not a **** ton. And a couple of those go to OT it really does not have the much affect.

And those records are not that amazing, except the Devils would have to turn it around big time....hence go Leafs.

Again, not a doom and gloom scenario, just hardly looks 96% sure to me. The next few games will tell a lot, they are all huge for playoff chances...which is awesome, nothing better than edge of your seat hockey.

p.s. any else notice how much Subban utilizes holding the stick under his arm?...it is insane how often he gets away with it.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Eric Stall is killing me in my pool. Guy's been brutal for the last month. No wonder the Canes aren't going anywhere right now. The team pretty much follows his lead.

Milan the God*

Ovechkin has a hat trick.

As bad as I want the sixth seed, a hot Ovechkin is just...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad