Around the NHL 2012-2013 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey Redmond*

Nov 2, 2010
That's the worst part?
Complaining about another team's bandwagon fans is kind of like complaining about rainy weather in Portugal.

Actually the whole thing is terrible. I still can't believe the Wings let them off the hook. I'm going to have to pop open another bottle of jack now. Uh.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
I was going for Boston but i dont rly like them either. Mostly preferred the Hawks to lose since we were so close to beating them. Oh well.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Even when we're supposed to suck, we're the only real obstacle to the Cup. Hah. That's why this is Detroit, and well, everywhere else isn't.
Next season will be plain epic.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I haven't even watched highlights or post-game interviews from the game :D

High five!

Honestly, though, it was easy for me to miss the game considering I was at work. Only figured out what the score was on my way home.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The only good news about this Hawks victory is that the summer of Kane is in full swing!

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
So, Philly buys out Bryzgalov after stating that he wasn't going anywhere. What the..

I feel kinda bad for Flyer fans, Bryz didn't have the greatest season but the team in front of him was the real concern. He deserved a full season with a healthy D in front of him, and forwards that can actually score.

Wonder where he ends up. Could cash-in in Russia, although he's got plenty of buyout dollars coming his way for the next 14 years or so. I can see him having decent NHL success somewhere else while the Flyers are starting Steve freakin' Mason. Good luck to them.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
So, Philly buys out Bryzgalov after stating that he wasn't going anywhere. What the..

I feel kinda bad for Flyer fans, Bryz didn't have the greatest season but the team in front of him was the real concern. He deserved a full season with a healthy D in front of him, and forwards that can actually score.

Wonder where he ends up. Could cash-in in Russia, although he's got plenty of buyout dollars coming his way for the next 14 years or so. I can see him having decent NHL success somewhere else while the Flyers are starting Steve freakin' Mason. Good luck to them.

They've got 9 million in cap space after their buyouts with only a starting goalie to address.

They'll be fine.

Tim Thoman, Evgeni Nabokov, Mike Smith or Ray Emery would all be potential candidates for them depending on which ones hit the market.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Even though it doesn't affect their fans its a funny fact that the Flyers will be paying Bryzgalov to not play for them until 2028.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Tim Thoman, Evgeni Nabokov, Mike Smith or Ray Emery would all be potential candidates for them depending on which ones hit the market.

Not really high on Mike Smith and the rest of those guys are 1-2 year stopgaps at best until they need another solution. They obviously have someone in mind though if they're confident enough to make a move like this.

I just think it was completely unnecessary. Bryz wasn't exactly playing up to his contract expectations but he was the best viable option going into next year.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Not really high on Mike Smith and the rest of those guys are 1-2 year stopgaps at best until they need another solution. They obviously have someone in mind though if they're confident enough to make a move like this.

I just think it was completely unnecessary. Bryz wasn't exactly playing up to his contract expectations but he was the best viable option going into next year.

yeah unless they have someone specific in mind they actually want like trading for Luongo or something they probably should have just gave Bryzgalov another year and bought him out next year if needed

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

I think Emery has earned a starting job with his play in Chicago this year and he's played for the Flyers before. He's also a few years younger than Bryz.

I think he'll be substantially cheaper and leaves them enough cap room to upgrade elsewhere.

If I were betting my money would go on him being the Flyers goalie next season.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
yeah unless they have someone specific in mind they actually want like trading for Luongo or something they probably should have just gave Bryzgalov another year and bought him out next year if needed

Luongo is another option I somehow didn't think of.

Holmgren is one of the few GM's I could see making a deal for him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Mason has lots of talent should he put it back together. But you're right, hard to see any goalie thriving with the way Philly elects to play system-less defense.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
They've got 9 million in cap space after their buyouts with only a starting goalie to address.

They'll be fine.

I envy flyer fans. They just need a goalie and to repair that defense.

Giroux, Hartnell, Simmonds, Schenn, Courturier, Read, Voracek. Now that's a pretty sweet young offensive core.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I envy flyer fans. They just need a goalie and to repair that defense.

Giroux, Hartnell, Simmonds, Schenn, Courturier, Read, Voracek. Now that's a pretty sweet young offensive core.

I bet many Flyers fans envy us also.

The grass is always greener as the saying goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad