GDT: Around the League

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I said it couple of weeks back and I'll say it again... it's over, just let it go.

The season is done.

Stop hurting yourself.

Not sure what's worse, the mood in the forum these days? Or when Panthers actually claim stake to a playoff spot?

I feel like people will be upset when the Panthers make the playoffs.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Not sure what's worse, the mood in the forum these days? Or when Panthers actually claim stake to a playoff spot?

Honestly? This would make me happy. It would mean that this team dug itself out of an incredible hole and that there's some hope for the future. Also probably means Driedger is playing really well.

But I just don't see it, man.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Let's Go Duckys!
Ducks2-575x373.png

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

New to the Panther world, I take it?

Reactions: CHGoalie27

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
No, I've been around so long to losing that it has made me numb.

I just get excited when they're so close to the playoffs this late in a season. Whether they get in or not, I'm just excited for meaningful hockey games.

Rangers' fan can be excited to be close. Because they were far behind few weeks ago.

For us, it's the opposite. So there's nothing to be excited about anymore for this season.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Viola, who is also the founder of Virtu Financial, told CNBC on Friday he was opposed to playing NHL games in empty arenas. He suggested such a move could have a sustained impact on the way fans interact with professional sports.
"It probably beckons at worst a delay on our way to complete the schedule eventually. No, I don't want to play games in front of an empty arena," Viola said on "Fast Money Halftime Report." "I think that would not be good for the long-term concept of crowd activity."
The decision to cancel or postpone sporting events — or simply play them with no spectators — carries significant financial ramifications. There are high-dollar TV contracts and neatly planned venue schedules to consider, among other factors, adding to an already complex public health situation.
Viola said he did not foresee the NHL putting the season on a temporary delay, but he stressed the league and its leadership would not compromise the safety of its fans.
"But what I see is the contingency that we have to be prepared to do what's best for our fan base," he said.
"The fans come first. Their safety is paramount," Viola said, adding his franchise was in frequent communication with U.S. health officials. "Obviously we don't want to conduct an activity if we think there's even the slightest chance that that activity is going to promote the spread of a not normal virus."

Reactions: PSLguy

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Games are really tightening up... Some teams can't score anymore. I am not gonna use the teams name though. So go figure

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Whenever they are out of it all year, they play like gangbusters after the all star break.

This year, they were good for most of the year, then sucked after the all star break.

Lol. This franchise must be cursed. It's the only explanation at this point.

They weren't actually good, that's the problem.

We've been worse than what our record showed after the first half. Advanced stats said it and so did the eye test. It's been pretty clear.

It was a matter of time before it catches us up.

The way we were playing, it was almost impossible to keep the pace. But we should have been able to play for .500 at least.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Viola, who is also the founder of Virtu Financial, told CNBC on Friday he was opposed to playing NHL games in empty arenas. He suggested such a move could have a sustained impact on the way fans interact with professional sports.
"It probably beckons at worst a delay on our way to complete the schedule eventually. No, I don't want to play games in front of an empty arena," Viola said on "Fast Money Halftime Report." "I think that would not be good for the long-term concept of crowd activity."
The decision to cancel or postpone sporting events — or simply play them with no spectators — carries significant financial ramifications. There are high-dollar TV contracts and neatly planned venue schedules to consider, among other factors, adding to an already complex public health situation.
Viola said he did not foresee the NHL putting the season on a temporary delay, but he stressed the league and its leadership would not compromise the safety of its fans.
"But what I see is the contingency that we have to be prepared to do what's best for our fan base," he said.
"The fans come first. Their safety is paramount," Viola said, adding his franchise was in frequent communication with U.S. health officials. "Obviously we don't want to conduct an activity if we think there's even the slightest chance that that activity is going to promote the spread of a not normal virus."
Took me a minute to figure out that when referring to empty arenas, he was talking about coronavirus and not current attendance....

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
They weren't actually good, that's the problem.

We've been worse than what our record showed after the first half. Advanced stats said it and so did the eye test. It's been pretty clear.

It was a matter of time before it catches us up.

They we were playing, it was almost impossible to keep the pace. But we should have been able to play for .500 at least.
Yep. I saw during our best stretch we were by far the luckiest team

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Yep. I saw during our best stretch we were by far the luckiest team
In my opinion, Panthers best stretch was their six-game winning streak. I only had the last two wins of that six game stretch as really tight, maybe being outplayed. The first four were fairly dominant wins.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
In my opinion, Panthers best stretch was their six-game winning streak. I only had the last two wins of that six game stretch as really tight, maybe being outplayed. The first four were fairly dominant wins.
I’m talking a bigger period of games

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

Maybe,

But when you look at the big picture, the truth is that this team has never been actually good this year. Doesn't mean they can't look good here and there during the season though.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Maybe,

But when you look at the big picture, the truth is that this team has never been actually good this year. Doesn't mean they can't look good here and there during the season though.

They haven't been able to figure it out and put together a sustainable brand of winning hockey for any long stretch this season, but they were still talented enough to get by and pick up wins here and there early in the season. That's all I'm referring to. I'm not saying they were some dominant team. They were 7th in the nhl at the break, they had had a good season up to that point no matter how much luck was involved. All they had to do from that point was coast. Instead they fell right on their faces.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad