GDT: Around the League

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Minnesota has been on a roll for a couple of weeks. Going to be a tough game, again. Seems like we catch all the bad teams when they are playing well.

Also rooting for Montreal tonight. Not a great situation but we need some help to close the gap between us and Boston.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Minnesota has been on a roll for a couple of weeks. Going to be a tough game, again. Seems like we catch all the bad teams when they are playing well.

Also rooting for Montreal tonight. Not a great situation but we need some help to close the gap between us and Boston.
You know all divisional games not involving us go to OT. It is rule #523 of the Panther's curse

Reactions: JP Mick

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

We will never catch Boston, so Montreal losing is better.

Anyways...I've said it before, it's too early in the season to start watching what other teams do. It doesn't matter.

The team you are rooting for tonight could the team that is going to be ahead in the standings in a few weeks.

We're on a pace of a 98 pts season and it should be enough to make it. All we have to do is the keep that pace and we'll be good.

Reactions: I am not exposed

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
We ain't gonna catch Boston. Root for them

Unlikely but not impossible. They're playing at a 130+ point pace, they'll cool off and we have a team that can go on a run. Plus I think this team should be looking up the standings, not down.

We will never catch Boston, so Montreal losing is better.

Anyways...I've said it before, it's too early in the season to start watching what other teams do. It doesn't matter.

The team you are rooting for tonight could the team that is going to be ahead in the standings in a few weeks.

We're on a pace of a 98 pts season and it should be enough to make it. All we have to do is the keep that pace and we'll be good.

I'm not fanatically watching the scoreboard but we're at the 1/3 mark and teams start showing their true colors. Like Montreal, they look like crap because Price isn't in God mode and probably never will be again. At least not the way he was when he won Hart. Big changes could happen there soon.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Unlikely but not impossible. They're playing at a 130+ point pace, they'll cool off and we have a team that can go on a run.
As soon as teams start focusing on shutting down the B’s first line, they’ll cool off alright.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I got to watch the third of the Leafs game tonight.
Watching them lose always puts me in a better mood from our previous loss.
:D

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
That leafs game should open the eyes of the defense haters here. That’s the league now. Goalies making saves everywhere and a lot of them. Ours? Lololllol

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Tippett calls out koskinen even tho he’s stood on his head all year and outs up one stinker which isn’t even as bad as the stinkers our goalies have put up. Unreal

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
That leafs game should open the eyes of the defense haters here. That’s the league now. Goalies making saves everywhere and a lot of them. Ours? Lololllol

:laugh:

we may be in a post-truth world politically but this will never be a post-defense league. why? defense is the only thing coaches can control. AND, we know that you can't win without the ability to check. that's not going to change.

the leafs have big problems. no work ethic, no defense. as a panther fan, that ought to scare you. lots of skill, lacking work ethic and defensive execution. if Q can't wake these f***ers up, we are going to be in the same boat soon.

the avs? very different beast. i watched the best game of the year so far imo between the avs and Bs in october. fantastic pace and physicality, great chances but also solid defense. the avs can play defense and play physical. they are talented and work hard.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

we may be in a post-truth world politically but this will never be a post-defense league. why? defense is the only thing coaches can control. AND, we know that you can't win without the ability to check. that's not going to change.

the leafs have big problems. no work ethic, no defense. as a panther fan, that ought to scare you. lots of skill, lacking work ethic and defensive execution. if Q can't wake these ****ers up, we are going to be in the same boat soon.

the avs? very different beast. i watched the best game of the year so far imo between the avs and Bs in october. fantastic pace and physicality, great chances but also solid defense. the avs can play defense and play physical. they are talented and work hard.
Why does Anderson have respectable numbers then? Is leafs d better than ours?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

the leafs have big problems. no work ethic, no defense. as a panther fan, that ought to scare you. lots of skill, lacking work ethic and defensive execution. if Q can't wake these ****ers up, we are going to be in the same boat soon.

I don't know the ultimate outcome will be of the season, but I do think Q will get them to play better consistent defensively.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Why does Anderson have respectable numbers then? Is leafs d better than ours?

Ultimately, after watching hockey almost every night, I don't think our defense is especially bad lately. Every single team has breakdowns and gives up scoring chances. Every one of them. We get plenty of chances ourselves.

Gotta expect big money goaltenders to be able to keep some of those out of the net.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->