Around the League XXXVII: Sens fire Boucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
are they going to sit them again tonight??? I mean they have another game before the deadline, if there is a deal in place I get it, so announce the deal...they haven't done any of that just sat their top 3 forwards..I can't recall the last time I have seen that.

I believe they will yes, unless someone is dealt or resigns before then. It's weird and it sucks for fans, but in the grand scheme of things we are talking about a few games for a team going nowhere vs missing out on say a 1st rd pick and a prospect or two. When you step back and think about it, it's really a no brainier.

I mean, there are many on here (not you I don't believe) that wanted the Hawks to be bad for a whole season to get a better pick. This is only 2-3 games.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I believe they will yes, unless someone is dealt or resigns before then. It's weird and it sucks for fans, but in the grand scheme of things we are talking about a few games for a team going nowhere vs missing out on say a 1st rd pick and a prospect or two. When you step back and think about it, it's really a no brainier.

I mean, there are many on here (not you I don't believe) that wanted the Hawks to be bad for a whole season to get a better pick. This is only 2-3 games.
i get a lot of that, but like Scott Stevens said there are better ways to do this, be upfront to the damn fans. also, they don't have their 1st round pick so just throwing games away literally means the Avs keep getting a better shot at the #1 pick...just a crazy situation and why Ottawa is in the mess they are.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
i get a lot of that, but like Scott Stevens said there are better ways to do this, be upfront to the damn fans. also, they don't have their 1st round pick so just throwing games away literally means the Avs keep getting a better shot at the #1 pick...just a crazy situation and why Ottawa is in the mess they are.
What does this mean? Bobby Mac was reporting this before the game yesterday. Today is a home game, so the fans know what's coming.

They aren't trying to throw games, they are making sure the players don't get hurt.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
What does this mean? Bobby Mac was reporting this before the game yesterday. Today is a home game, so the fans know what's coming.

They aren't trying to throw games, they are making sure the players don't get hurt.
they made zero announcements, they haven't told the fans any of the players are on the move as of yesterday, they just scratched them and said they will not be in the lineup. obviously we can deduce why, but at least f***ing tell people there are plans to move these guys, no announcements came from the Ottawa brass...none. it isn't my team so whatever, but I guess I am old school and shit like this just bothers me like it did Stevens.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
they made zero announcements, they haven't told the fans any of the players are on the move as of yesterday, they just scratched them and said they will not be in the lineup. obviously we can deduce why, but at least ****ing tell people there are plans to move these guys, no announcements came from the Ottawa brass...none. it isn't my team so whatever, but I guess I am old school and **** like this just bothers me like it did Stevens.

It's a fluid situation. There are likely contract offers being discussed (probably cheap ones knowing the Sens), but I'm sure they'd be open to bringing guys back if they'd resign. For all of the problems with the Sens (and there are many), I think they are handling this fine. Whatever short term PR hit they might take for this is worth negattin the risk that one of the guys gets hurt and they miss out on the return they would have gotten.

Agree to disagree.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I think the conditional first added was a bit risky. If Panarin and Bob walk, even if they re-sign Duchene there’s a distinct possibility of them missing the playoffs and being a lottery team. I don’t see the top 3 teams in their division going anywhere next year and Philly is on the upswing.

How funny would it be if Columbus ends up surrendering a top 3 pick on a conditional pick after Ottawa has to send a top 3 pick on a conditional pick for the same player.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Noted goon Connor McDavid got two games.

Oilers recall top prospect Donner MacDavis for tonight’s game.
52590337-10155995572365779-8731792955150434304-n.jpg

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
has Buffalo always played O Canada prior to games??? Sabres vs Caps and they are playing O Canada...errr...never heard that played before between two US teams...maybe because they are close to the border??

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Dahlin absolutely manhandled Oshie on the boards eventually leading to Oshie landing on his ass. :amazed:

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
has Buffalo always played O Canada prior to games??? Sabres vs Caps and they are playing O Canada...errr...never heard that played before between two US teams...maybe because they are close to the border??

Once Montana is sold to Canada, they know they're next.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
There are actually Blackhawks fans on twitter upset that Stan didnt make the deal CBJ did for Dzingel.

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011

I’ve been to at least one Sabres game in Buffalo each of the last like seven years and they have had O Canada performed prior to the game each time.

I’ve never asked anyone why, but I’ve always assumed it was because they do it because they have a lot of fans that come over from Canada for the games. There is a bridge between Buffalo and Canada like 5 or 10 minutes from the arena.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I’ve been to at least one Sabres game in Buffalo each of the last like seven years and they have had O Canada performed prior to the game each time.

I’ve never asked anyone why, but I’ve always assumed it was because they do it because they have a lot of fans that come over from Canada for the games. There is a bridge between Buffalo and Canada like 5 or 10 minutes from the arena.
figured as much....thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad