Around the League XXXVII: Sens fire Boucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Tampa is winning the Cup this year and I bet they only need 21-22 games in the playoffs to do it.

Also, WPG is up 5-0 right now and Laine has ZERO goals. Very curious to see what his next contract looks like

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Tampa is winning the Cup this year and I bet they only need 21-22 games in the playoffs to do it.

Also, WPG is up 5-0 right now and Laine has ZERO goals. Very curious to see what his next contract looks like

I like Tampa a lot but am expecting them to choke again. Stamkos has always been awful in the playoffs and so far Kucherov doesn’t have the best track record.

Reactions: vshun and BK

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I like Tampa a lot but am expecting them to choke again. Stamkos has always been awful in the playoffs and so far Kucherov doesn’t have the best track record.
Kucherov has 59pts in 62GP and he was playing hurt the year we won the Cup which hurt his totals that year. Don't entirely disgaree on Stamkos, but he's been fine as well. 51 in 66

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just watched Explorers (1985) on WFLDM

Man I hadn't seen this movie in at least 25 years if not a little more then that (I think I was 8-9 last time I saw it)

Still a fun kids movie that should have been better remembered but faded into obscurity

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Kucherov has 59pts in 62GP and he was playing hurt the year we won the Cup which hurt his totals that year. Don't entirely disgaree on Stamkos, but he's been fine as well. 51 in 66

I actually take my comment back a little bit, 3 of the 4 playoffs he's scored at a better clip in the post season than he has the regular season. Last year he had 100 points in 80 games (1.25 per game) and scored 17 points in 17 games in the playoffs. That's a pretty decent drop especially when you need your studs to elevate their game and be even better come playoff time.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I actually take my comment back a little bit, 3 of the 4 playoffs he's scored at a better clip in the post season than he has the regular season. Last year he had 100 points in 80 games (1.25 per game) and scored 17 points in 17 games in the playoffs. That's a pretty decent drop especially when you need your studs to elevate their game and be even better come playoff time.
Not many guys get better in the playoffs than they were in the regular season. It's much stiffer competition, lower scoring, and better goaltending typically. A pt/gm clip in the playoffs is pretty good, and usually near the top of the league.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The issues when people were looking at Stamkos or kucherov was the elimination games and game 7s especially. Stamkos scored several in his first or 2nd I think but nothing in all other game 7s, that one where he pushed back from injury shouldnt xont though.

It may be a leap but that's a part of why I never like Yzerman's wait out approach on these stars. Have your stars feel secure but bit parts think it may be their end with the teams, not the hardball he was doing in years they should've been secure and competitive.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Joe Thornton ties Mikita in points today - good lord that just doesn't seem right...

As good as Thornton is, he is not at Kane’s level. If anyone wants a glimpse into the future of Kane’s career, look at what Thornton has done and crank it up a few notches. He will end up passing many of the all time greats and it will be unfortunate that few non-Hawks fans will be able to properly appreciate it for a variety of reasons.

Reactions: x Tame Impala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad