Around the League XXXVII: Sens fire Boucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
they are absolutely booing the entire damn tribute video..hahahaha, I can't recall ever seeing a tribute for a player that is vehemently getting boo'd the entire damn time

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
I just checked the NHL app and I found out that Brady "Stan must be fired if we pick him (according to JD)" Tkachuk has the team lead in goals for the Senators. Obviously he's on a horrific team but it's pretty cool to prove him wrong.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
9 years of him leading a perennial underachieving team that never won a single thing in a city he had no
ties to prior to being drafted?

Give me a break.

He was the captain of the franchise for pretty much a decade. I mean c'mon. I've seen some ridiculous tributes to players who were only on a team for a hot second. This is not one of them. He absolutely deserves it.

Now... actually doing one for this night where the fans all hate you is another story.

Reactions: AmericanDream

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
He was the captain of the franchise for pretty much a decade. I mean c'mon. I've seen some ridiculous tributes to players who were only on a team for a hot second. This is not one of them. He absolutely deserves it.

Now... actually doing one for this night where the fans all hate you is another story.

A tribute for a player they knew fans don’t even like anymore....

I’m not saying he wasn’t a great player while there, but they didn’t win anything and they don’t even like him anymore. It’s not like he played 15+ years there.

9 seasons isn’t some incredibly long legacy to leave behind.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not to mention the way he burned them on the way out.

That’s not a guy you do a tribute for. Hell no. Hope the fans boo him the entire game and he turns the puck over on a game winning goal for the Islanders.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
A tribute for a player they knew fans don’t even like anymore....

Uh... yea that's what I said in my second post. They probably should've held off on it, but hey... it probably wouldn't really change much next year either with their fans perspective.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Fair enough there. But a tribute for a guy most fans now hate?
the ownership group is paying respect for what he did there, I find it f***ing hilarious that man was boo'd out the building, but it would be so damn odd if they didn't do it...I doubt people are going to hate him any less if this was done next year...maybe a tad, but just get it over with and move on now.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Has that game been good?

I have Tampa and Boston on. That was a pretty good first period despite nobody scoring.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think the org needs to do a video tribute for a player like that. If they didn't I could see other players thinking less of the org.

That said, I love the fans giving it to him. That is great.

Reactions: AmericanDream

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I think the org needs to do a video tribute for a player like that. If they didn't I could see other players thinking less of the org.

That said, I love the fans giving it to him. That is great.
They had to know a tribute video would have gone exactly the way it did. Even publicly announcing why they didn’t show a tribute video would have been a massive step up from going through with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad