Around the League XXXVI: Fire all the coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Well the Blues did a good job tonight of putting us 2nd to last.Pretty boring game to watch though.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hyman with a late hit on Bruin well after puck is gone in 3rd period of 6-2 game

McAvoy was just back from concussion and may have suffered another as result of hit

That was chickenshit move and he deserves to be suspended

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
And now Wagner (B's) goes after Morgan Reilly in open ice just missing big hit

Wagner thrown out of game now after Hainsey went after him

Game could spiral outo f control here

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Hyman with a late hit on Bruin well after puck is gone in 3rd period of 6-2 game

McAvoy was just back from concussion and may have suffered another as result of hit

That was chicken**** move and he deserves to be suspended

That hit wasn’t bad at all.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Crosby took a few blatant head shots last night. He did finish the game and if anyone knows how to take care of his brain it's him - hopefully, he has no symptoms today.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Laine on pace for 62 goals and............ 9 assists.

He's still not even 21 years old. 101 career goals. Just incredible.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Laine on pace for 62 goals and............ 9 assists.

He's still not even 21 years old. 101 career goals. Just incredible.

I am a huge fan. He is fun to watch. Yeah he doesn’t go full out very often but when he does he is a prolific scorer. Best shot in the league.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I am a huge fan. He is fun to watch. Yeah he doesn’t go full out very often but when he does he is a prolific scorer. Best shot in the league.

Ovie is still better. And that toe drag shot Matthews has been using is a real killer too

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I agree Ovie is better overall. I will argue Laine has the better shot but needs a little coaching to make him great like 8.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I agree Ovie is better overall. I will argue Laine has the better shot but needs a little coaching to make him great like 8.

He needs a lot of coaching to be great. Laine’s shot is phenomenal. Seriously outstanding to watch. But he’s very one dimensional. If he can’t get his shot off then he gets neutralized very easily and i think it’s the reason he goes on hot/cold streaks.

He’s still very young but he needs to learn to be more dynamic and adaptable IMO

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
He needs to learn different ways to score/make himself available. From what i have seen he sometimes gets disinterested and doesn’t try as hard as he should to work himself open. He gets easily frustrated. If he is unwilling to develop to a more complete player then’peg will have a problem. Because the league will/has figured ways to neutralize him. But like Ovi, you know on the PP he is going to one time it from the left dot.....and that play has worked for many years for him. Ovi is more physical as well and can impose himself where Laine is still a kid at 21. I hoping for the best because I am a fan....of both 8 and Laine.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You can be one dimensional when your one dimension is that elite. It would be nice if he had a more rounded game, even if it was just more rounded offensively.

As is, he’s a guy who turns a quarter chance into goals. He’s in that Kane tier as a guy so good he can be bad for fifty five minutes and score a pair of goals and single handedly win a game. Those talents get paid.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The Blues are fighting each other at practice.

giphy.gif

Yes. I love all of their failures so much. We’re even better at sucking than them :laugh:

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad