Around the League XXXVI: Fire all the coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Crawford and Manning are expiring the year after too. First time we can say this in years but Hawks are in pretty good shape with the cap.
yep, over $36 mil in cap space to start the 2020-21 season - obviously we have to fill some spots and likely bring in a free agent or two, but the best part is all the ELCs that we will be on for the next 4-5 years. Cat is going to cost us, but he can also be balanced with moving out Murph...or dare we dream a Seabs buy out!!

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
yep, over $36 mil in cap space to start the 2020-21 season - obviously we have to fill some spots and likely bring in a free agent or two, but the best part is all the ELCs that we will be on for the next 4-5 years. Cat is going to cost us, but he can also be balanced with moving out Murph...or dare we dream a Seabs buy out!!

He is the only significant guy we have to worry about (we'll see with Strome/Perlini) but otherwise, it's a pretty sight.

Reactions: AmericanDream

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I’d keep AA unless the return is a 1st or top 4 defenseman. With all of this newfound space, there is no urgency to move him.

Reactions: Giovi

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Crawford and Manning are expiring the year after too. First time we can say this in years but Hawks are in pretty good shape with the cap.
Good shape with the cap with a shitty hockey team. Seems to go hand in hand. Better than being in a shitty situation with the cap and team like Detroit seems to be.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He is the only significant guy we have to worry about (we'll see with Strome/Perlini) but otherwise, it's a pretty sight.
I honestly can't believe the amount of space we will have over the next 3 years...never thought this day would come, but it came at a price and hopefully a price worth it when we rebuild next year.

the Seabs buy out isn't even needed in the grand scheme of things when we look at our cap, the ELCs coming in, and the continued increases next year and beyond with Seattle coming on board..

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Nucks fans are apparently mad that their arena DJ played Chelsea Dagger during a game.

Hahahaha, they're still so mad at a former rivalry that we've forgotten all about.
Won’t forget it myself. Great memories of our Hawks stealing their hopes and dreams.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Let's see how many recycled/retread NHL staffers get positions with a brand new club. Tippett's already an advisor.

With that said, exciting day for the league.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I like that Seattle is getting a team, but I don’t particularly care for the facts it’s via expansion when you have 4 teams that aren’t even filling 75% of their own barn on average.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I like that Seattle is getting a team, but I don’t particularly care for the facts it’s via expansion when you have 4 teams that aren’t even filling 75% of their own barn on average.

With Arizona moving to the Central, their building will be full more often now.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
And they’re not even one of the 4, they’re at 80% this year.

Touche. Color me surprised. Good for them.

Going to guess here; Florida, Ottawa, NYI, Carolina? Feel like Carolina has maybe been doing well at the gate this season but I don't know any facts.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Carolina fans are still hesitant to commit given how many times they have been teased by franchise in last decade. If they are doing good and in playoff fight in 2nd half of year fans will start to show up. Its understandable with way team has disappointed them thru years

Isles are in that god awful Barclay center and things wont improve until they get out and into own arena

Sens fans turned away after offseason mess and are essentially disgusted with Melnyk ownership

Florida is Florida. As of now the lease/arena deal is enough to guarantee they wont move and fans are at this point unenthusiastic for team that came out gate poorly and right now is in last place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad