Around the League Volume 5 - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I am happy for the Canes, and I want to see the Islanders get destroyed, but if the Canes somehow go on to win another cup, I will be sick as a Leaf fan, with zero success for so damn long.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I am happy for the Canes, and I want to see the Islanders get destroyed, but if the Canes somehow go on to win another cup, I will be sick as a Leaf fan, with zero success for so damn long.

Carolina is one of many teams I wouldn't mind seeing win who's left. Of the remaining teams the only ones I don't want to win are the Bruins, Islanders, and Blues. The first two because f*** 'em, the Blues because I don't want them to break their drought. It's as long as ours and misery loves company.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Columbus is getting massively overrated in this thread. They were brutal last night and got saved by posts. Boston is playing really bad. If you don't believe me go check their board. They're on the verge of wanting Pastrnak benched.

Neither of these teams would have stood a chance against the Leafs team that showed up for 5 / 7 games versus Boston.

Babcock remains the enemy.

edit- Got saved by posts and Bob**

While Bob is playing outstanding, I've liked Columbus game. I don't feel either side has dominated the series.

Columbus PK is ELITE thus far, they don't allow Bruins pp to breath out there with their pressure. Bob who's part of the team just like Andersen who bailed Leafs out few games in our series against Bruins as well.

Jones is a f***ing STUD, has been noting short of best player not named Bob on either team. He logs 25+ minutes and is defensively beast while helping on offense. Him paired with Werenski are the best pair by a mile, that neither Bruins or Leafs come close to.

They are also missing one of the most underrated D in the league in Nutivaara due to concussions. Josh Anderson is everything you want in a mean yet skilled power forward who can skate.

Overall they lack the game breaking firepower, but adding Duchene has helped them have 2 good lines with Panarin.

Leafs would have advantage in speed and high end skill, but would get eaten up by them IMO as they have their full roster buy in, they really don't have passengers who do fly by's or scared to get hit to make the play. They would even have the advantage of goaltending, superior defense and elite PK. Their PP sucks though, not unlike ours though.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
There are still posters on this board that swear up and down that Jacobs has no influence whatsoever.

Just his prominance as an owner, as well as him being Chairman of the NHL Board of Directors, are enough to influence decisions being made right across the NHL, including the on ice officials, and certainly, the NHL Department of Player Safety.

I'm pretty sure no one wants to deal with an angry Jacobs, ever.

It’s a solid defence mechanism but you know deep down it holds no water.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Pesce with the own goal. Looked like JVR tipping what would have been an easy save for his goalie. What a moron. If we ever get this guy, I'm going to puke.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
They're chanting Curtis' name in Carolina while we regret giving him away. Keeping Sparks was the right move if this was NHL 19 but not in reality.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
They're chanting Curtis' name in Carolina while we regret giving him away. Keeping Sparks was the right move if this was NHL 19 but not in reality.
Isles just tied it with a softie. Not sure how he's played overall tonight, but Mac has always had his own issues.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Carolina is one of many teams I wouldn't mind seeing win who's left. Of the remaining teams the only ones I don't want to win are the Bruins, Islanders, and Blues. The first two because **** 'em, the Blues because I don't want them to break their drought. It's as long as ours and misery loves company.

McElhinney getting a ring would be just great. Another kick in the nuts from the hockey Gods to Leafs Nation.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I saw a perfect shot.
I see a goalie deep in his net, playing small, blowing a routine save. That's not bar down, that's not a quick release and there's next to no traffic. It hits back mesh, way too much net.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I see a goalie deep in his net, playing small, blowing a routine save. That's not bar down, that's not a quick release and there's next to no traffic. It hits back mesh, way too much net.
You're not a glass full kinda guy are you? :laugh:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
You're not a glass full kinda guy are you? :laugh:
Call a spade a spade. He could be having a great game, I just tuned in, but that's a softie.

Kinda weird to think about crying over a meh back-up is considered "glass half full"

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Man, been waiting for ever for a Carolina v Columbus Eastern Conference Final.... said no one.... ever.

I'd much rather CAR win than NYI though, even if they are a bunch'a'jerks.

Still think BOS can beat CLB but they need to pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad