Around the League Volume 5 - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
what a slimeball Marchand is like wtf.... sucker punches a guy who is not looking in the back of the head, that is a dirty team, and Marchand is a dirt bag. Columbus in 5

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
But Dubas made a promise to Willy, right? :sarcasm:

Could probably have pried Tarasenko and Parayko for a Willy package back in January.

I wonder if those other GMs would have made those deal? After he quit during the playoffs it’ll be hard to get anything for him now.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Yea 0% chance. Boston gets away with so much it's crazy. Chara literally punched Anderson in the face, and no call.
He also punched helmet-less Matthews in the back of the head multiple times.

Don't forget about his sucker punch on Tavares that went completely ignored too.

It really does get harder and harder to take this league seriously.

Reactions: Superstar and Al14

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I wonder if those other GMs would have made those deal? After he quit during the playoffs it’ll be hard to get anything for him now.

Other GMs didn't need the defensive help that the Leafs did, but Dubas thought our defense was quite competent. There's really little choice now except to keep Willy for another year and let him play to recoup his value...I don't see other teams giving the Leafs a good offer for Willy this offseason.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
One or the other, but, not both! Parayko was my wish!

St. Louis was so desperate then...everything was on the table...Willy, Zaitsev, a prospect, 1 st and 3rd might have done it...Armstrong was about to blow up that team after signing Bozak and others...he really thought he made a big mistake because nothing was clicking while they were sitting dead last...and Tarasenko at $7.5 million didn't look that awesome then.

But yeah, how good would a 1 for 1 swap with Parayko look now?

Reactions: Al14

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
He also punched helmet-less Matthews in the back of the head multiple times.

Don't forget about his sucker punch on Tavares that went completely ignored too.

It really does get harder and harder to take this league seriously.

Don't you know? Headshots aren't the same as cheapshots...they are only cracking down on headshots. :sarcasm:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Loved that CBJ win against Boston tonight, but it was weird seeing Scott Harrington out there playing a regular shift for Columbus. Not that we really miss him, but we really didn't need to give up on this guy so early.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Don't you know? Headshots aren't the same as cheapshots...they are only cracking down on headshots. :sarcasm:

We really need to add some combination of Tyler Bertuzzi, Lawson Crouse, Nick Ritchie to add a little spice to the bottom 6. There is a time a place for muscle and I'm sure it would help guys like Moore, Ennis, Johnsson, Bracco, Petan and whomever out there who is undersized and playing a regular shift.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Loved that CBJ win against Boston tonight, but it was weird seeing Scott Harrington out there playing a regular shift for Columbus. Not that we really miss him, but we really didn't need to give up on this guy so early.

It's Toronto, just when you think we are doing things the right way, we go and start doing Leafy things.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
:laugh: at the high and might Bruins fans defending this shit when they were so pissed at Leafs fans trying call out the shit that happened in Game 2, and saying we shouldn't be defending Kadri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad