Around the League Volume 5 - Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
St. Louis was so desperate then...everything was on the table...Willy, Zaitsev, a prospect, 1 st and 3rd might have done it...Armstrong was about to blow up that team after signing Bozak and others...he really thought he made a big mistake because nothing was clicking while they were sitting dead last...and Tarasenko at $7.5 million didn't look that awesome then.

But yeah, how good would a 1 for 1 swap with Parayko look now?
If we retained on willy to get tarasenko and parayko -> I bet we win the cup this year. Especially given we added Muzzin

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He's better than some defenceman we have.

If only we held onto Scott Harrington for four more seasons to see him finally become a #6 d-man at the age of 26.

He’s replacement level. He’s not better than any d-man on the Leafs roster minus Marincin, Holl and Ozhiganov.Essentially, he’s good enough to sit in our press box.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
naww a guy looking the other way getting punched in the back of the head by a dirty rat, is classless, hope that team loses in 5 what a dirtbag team
It was dirty I agree.
It's not new though.
It literally is Playoff Hockey.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
If only we held onto Scott Harrington for four more seasons to see him finally become a #6 d-man at the age of 26.

He’s replacement level. He’s not better than any d-man on the Leafs roster minus Marincin, Holl and Ozhiganov.Essentially, he’s good enough to sit in our press box.
Those were the 3 I was thinking of.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Are they gonna suspend Marchand?

Bahahahahah, kidding.
Of course not, as his last name is Marchand and not Kadri.

He also plays for Boston, and not Toronto.

He's more likely to receive a Rolex watch from the NHL Department of Player Safety for keeping his glove on and thereby saving his knuckles from sustaining any injuries.

What punch to the back of the head of an unsuspecting opponent?

Reactions: Menzinger

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2019-5-1_11-12-34.png

That's alot of sadness.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Of course not, as his last name is Marchand and not Kadri.

He also plays for Boston, and not Toronto.

He's more likely to receive a Rolex watch from the NHL Department of Player Safety for keeping his glove on and thereby saving his knuckles from sustaining any injuries.

What punch to the back of the head of an unsuspecting opponent?
It is why Jacobs controls the NHL as chm of league. Total BS. Nobody gets away with BS like that but Boston. Kadri cross check looked bad but really he missed his target because his stick got lifted last second. So this is what always confuses me about NHL is it about the intent or the damage done. Kadri tried to do damage but missed but got 5 games. Marchand landed but it was soft and he gets nothing. Until Jacobs is removed from his role governing the league this garbage will continue.

Reactions: Al14

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Columbus is getting massively overrated in this thread. They were brutal last night and got saved by posts. Boston is playing really bad. If you don't believe me go check their board. They're on the verge of wanting Pastrnak benched.

Neither of these teams would have stood a chance against the Leafs team that showed up for 5 / 7 games versus Boston.

Babcock remains the enemy.

edit- Got saved by posts and Bob**

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It is why Jacobs controls the NHL as chm of league. Total BS. Nobody gets away with BS like that but Boston. Kadri cross check looked bad but really he missed his target because his stick got lifted last second. So this is what always confuses me about NHL is it about the intent or the damage done. Kadri tried to do damage but missed but got 5 games. Marchand landed but it was soft and he gets nothing. Until Jacobs is removed from his role governing the league this garbage will continue.
There are still posters on this board that swear up and down that Jacobs has no influence whatsoever.

Just his prominance as an owner, as well as him being Chairman of the NHL Board of Directors, are enough to influence decisions being made right across the NHL, including the on ice officials, and certainly, the NHL Department of Player Safety.

I'm pretty sure no one wants to deal with an angry Jacobs, ever.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
There are still posters on this board that swear up and down that Jacobs has no influence whatsoever.

Just his prominance as an owner, as well as him being Chairman of the NHL Board of Directors, are enough to influence decisions being made right across the NHL, including the on ice officials, and certainly, the NHL Department of Player Safety.

I'm pretty sure no one wants to deal with an angry Jacobs, ever.
Everything Bettman does he runs up to Jacobs - everything. And everyone who works in NHL office in NYC knows this. I know a guy who worked in that office and we are pretty good friends wink wink.

Reactions: Al14

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
because they are.

I just like their determination this PO. They don't quit on plays, they finish checks and don't allow BOS much time or space, good recipe for success. Everyone looks bought in, no passengers

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I just like their determination this PO. They don't quit on plays, they finish checks and don't allow BOS much time or space, good recipe for success. Everyone looks bought in, no passengers
true that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad