Around the League vol 4 - Own Goals Count Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I can't believe Boston re-signed Chara. Guy is an overgrown dinosaur with nothing in the tank. Just can't wait till he retires along with Bergeron and Rask gets exposed for the bad goalie he is.

Chara sucks but carries a shitty goalie.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Great time for Buffalo to fluke out a win...and Carolina and Pitt do your thing.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Got to stop cheering for CBJ. There is a good chance Mtl will only be 4 back of the Leafs after tomorrow.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Chara sucks but carries a ****ty goalie.

You really need to work on your paraphrasing there, friend.

Chara is gassed. Been decent this season but far from elite. The contract is cheap, sure. But he can't sustain this. The guy looks drained by game 7 of round 1.

Rask has always been a playoff no show. He just doesn't have Tim Thomas around to save him anymore. As a Leafs fan I know a thing or two about playoff no shows.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Except the leafs aren't sitting at a 50% chance of making the playoffs after going all in with pending UFAs and giving up all their draft picks

That's true & a good point. We only gave up a prospect, player (CG) & pick to address our deficient blueline ..... so far. Will be interesting to see what happens this off season (or next year) given that we also have potentially two departures on our blueline without much cap space to work with for replacements.

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
If, by some crazy circumstance, we miss the playoffs, do Babcock/Smith get fired?

Since we are likely to get beat by Boston in the first round, would the above scenario be better for the long term success of the team?

:popcorn:

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
If, by some crazy circumstance, we miss the playoffs, do Babcock/Smith get fired?

Since we are likely to get beat by Boston in the first round, would the above scenario be better for the long term success of the team?

:popcorn:

Considering we have no 1st, missing the playoffs is not better for the long term success of the team.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I wouldn’t be surprised if Montreal caught the Leafs and made the final game of the year a meaningful match.

I would

Montreal would need to win out and we'd need to fall into a hole for that to happen

The Leafs are playing well, if our shot shares remain like this were going to start putting wins together

It's inevitable with this much scoring talent

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I would

Montreal would need to win out and we'd need to fall into a hole for that to happen

The Leafs are playing well, if our shot shares remain like this were going to start putting wins together

It's inevitable with this much scoring talent
If the Leafs continue at the same pace they could go 4 and 3 however a slight stumble and theyre 3 and 4. If Price continues he could steal a few games and you never know

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wouldn’t be surprised if Montreal caught the Leafs and made the final game of the year a meaningful match.

If Montreal catches us, which won't happen, I would bench everyone for the final game, because moving into the Metro Division playoffs is a far far better scenario.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If the Leafs continue at the same pace they could go 4 and 3 however a slight stumble and their 3 and 4. If Price continues he could steal a few games and you never know

There going to have to win out and we're going to have to fall into a hole

They need to claw back at least a point a game on us with 7 games remaining

That just isn't going to happen the way the points system is set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad