Around the League vol 4 - Own Goals Count Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Can someone explain to me how Hyman was offside but this was a "good" goal? WTF are the refs smoking?

Apparently, so long as a player maintains possession of the puck, he can enter the zone prior to the puck crossing the blue line and it is not off-side.

The contentious issue with this play was determining if he had possession as the puck crossed the line because usually they have the puck on their stick while doing this. IMO this was a bad bad call by the refs, and could set some dangerous precedents going forward. I bet the Leafs get burned by this decision down the road at some point.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Apparently, so long as a player maintains possession of the puck, he can enter the zone prior to the puck crossing the blue line and it is not off-side.

The contentious issue with this play was determining if he had possession as the puck crossed the line because usually they have the puck on their stick while doing this. IMO this was a bad bad call by the refs, and could set some dangerous precedents going forward. I bet the Leafs get burned by this decision down the road at some point.

Game 7 overtime decision would be decided by a ref making a dumb call? I am so sick of the double standards officiating has. I have yet to see Leafs get even ONE call in their favour

Reactions: Al14

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Game 7 overtime decision would be decided by a ref making a dumb call? I am so sick of the double standards officiating has. I have yet to see Leafs get even ONE call in their favour

It would be a very Leaf-like way TBH.

But I agree, the Leafs seemingly never get the replay calls in their favour.

Reactions: kb

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I was curious about Pierre Dorian, so I looked him up. He has a more extensive background than I thought. Started as a scout in his early 20s. Did his time and moved up accordingly. Ottawa born, so the connection makes sense. What surprised me the most though which I had no clue — his dad was the Leafs’ head scout from 90-94 (time of death). o_O

He seems like a decent guy just caught up in a horrible situation.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I was curious about Pierre Dorian, so I looked him up. He has a more extensive background than I thought. Started as a scout in his early 20s. Did his time and moved up accordingly. Ottawa born, so the connection makes sense. What surprised me the most though which I had no clue — his dad was the Leafs’ head scout from 90-94 (time of death). o_O

At the end of the day no matter how good his resume looks, he is there because he is a yes-man.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
At the end of the day no matter how good his resume looks, he is there because he is a yes-man.

Owner always has final call, but we don't know if they debate decisions out of the public eye.

Only so many jobs, so if you think you can work with the owner, while sometimes / often losing the debate ...

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Jeez, started in the 20s? He looks good for being 100 years old :sarcasm:

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

He makes a good puppet

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC

Too decent for his own good to the point that he looks weak.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Bruins points in 16 straight games pretty crazy run just gotta hope they cool off before the playoffs

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So dumb.

Speaks volumes that we’ve kept pace while not playing our best hockey at times.

Catching them and taking that 2nd seed would be huge. They are 15-10-6 on the road. We play well on the road, they do not. Last two series went to 7. Having a Game 7 at home would help a lot.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011

Not to speak ill of the dead but his father passed away just before the 94 draft and to honour him the Leafs made their first pick the player he wanted most. Sadly that pick was G Eric Fichaud who never played a game for TML before getting dealt to NYI for Benoit Hogue and ultimately playing less than 100 NHL games before packing it in in 2000. Mind you that was a pretty weak crop of 1st rounders that year anyway, especially after the top 15 (Fichaud was 16th), so nothing ventured nothing gained...except honouring a dead mans last wish. Karma points I guess.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I predict that Columbus will not make the playoffs as their schedule is horrendous. So many top teams to play against with so many changes to team personnel.

Both GM and coach will get terminated at the end of the season.

The GM is all in with a throw of the dice.

Hardly any picks at the next draft -what a mess.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The Isles are not anywhere close to guaranteed a playoff spot with how tight the Metro is. The could still very well miss if they go into a slump.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Flyers 3 - Cyrlanders 0 in the second period!

Let's go Flyers!

I'm never cheering for NYI ever again!

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
The Isles are not anywhere close to guaranteed a playoff spot with how tight the Metro is. The could still very well miss if they go into a slump.

2nd highest PDO in league after the Leafs. The key difference being Toronto's shooters are elite talents and Andersen has a proven track record. Lehner and Greiss are not good, Casey ''Murderer" Cizikas is not a 20 goal scorer. They'll fall out of a play off spot.

Reactions: TorMapleJays
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->