Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Islanders fans already hate Komarov, unsurprisingly. I can't believe there's still some Leafs fans who miss him
The ones that miss him are the ones that don't shut up about our team being soft, and we need more mean physical grinders like Komarov and Martin. Imagine signing Leo for 3 mil and then having to get rid of someone like AJ because of it. Yikes.

Also the Flames have 7 power plays so far, with 4 in a row in the 3rd where they've been losing. The officiating make it to obvious sometimes. Flames are outplaying them but that's insane. Buffalo had 8! PPs yesterday. Stuff I dream of

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Flames have like 7 3rd period comebacks this year, pretty crazy. Although I feel like it's not the best stat to have.
not on its own, but their underlying numbers are pretty ridiculous. they don't have much in the way of high end talent, and they don't have a goalie. but man do they play a strong game as a team

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
The ones that miss him are the ones that don't shut up about our team being soft, and we need more mean physical grinders like Komarov and Martin. Imagine signing Leo for 3 mil and then having to get rid of someone like AJ because of it. Yikes.

Also the Flames have 7 power plays so far, with 4 in a row in the 3rd where they've been losing. The officiating make it to obvious sometimes. Flames are outplaying them but that's insane. Buffalo had 8! PPs yesterday. Stuff I dream of

What tickles me in regards to that point about Komarov is that the alleged sandpaper he brought was greatly overstated. He wasn't any better at 'grinding' than our current fourth line and he certainly didn't provide that toughness so many are pining for.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What tickles me in regards to that point about Komarov is that the alleged sandpaper he brought was greatly overstated. He wasn't any better at 'grinding' than our current fourth line and he certainly didn't provide that toughness so many are pining for.

He's been coasting on that reputation for a few years now, basically since he came back from that concussion

He used to be a wrecking ball, and more of a pest

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
There was a time when Leo was hitting anything and everything that had a pulse. Man he was fun to watch when he had that spring in his step.

Definitely agree it reduced after his concussion.

I'm not saying we need a Leo mk.2, but someone who makes the opposition defence accountable when they have the puck on their stick is important in the coming years in my eyes.

Gauthier's forecheck on the 1st goal vs the Canes is exactly what I mean. He didn't even end up laying a hit, but it caused the Canes' d-man to check, then make a fluffed clearance, we picked it up and it ended up in their net.

We've been giving the other teams D too much of an easy ride in my eyes.

I'm not asking for dirty play (except on Brad Marchand) just someone who gets up quick and makes a play for the body.

I play as a defender in soccer, and i'd much rather have someone come and try and intercept the passes I make than someone who comes in and tries to take me off the ball. Cos I not only have to think about who i'm going to pass to or if i'm gonna step past him, I also have to think about self preservation and make sure I don't end up on the floor.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I thought Leo was done two years ago and was told he was "elite" defensively. Now I see posts saying people who think we are soft are the ones that miss Leo. LOL.

Not sure how many times it needs to be said in order for the people who think Leafs are tough enough to get it, but will say it again, people who say Leafs are soft, want a Simmonds, Tkachuk, DeBrusk, Manson, Josh Anderson, Boone Jenner, Ritchie, etc. etc. etc. We do not want a goon and we do not want washed up, slow, non-skilled players.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I thought Leo was done two years ago and was told he was "elite" defensively. Now I see posts saying people who think we are soft are the ones that miss Leo. LOL.

Not sure how many times it needs to be said in order for the people who think Leafs are tough enough to get it, but will say it again, people who say Leafs are soft, want a Simmonds, Tkachuk, DeBrusk, Manson, Josh Anderson, Boone Jenner, Ritchie, etc. etc. etc. We do not want a goon and we do not want washed up, slow, non-skilled players.

With every Flyer loss, Simmonds is closer to becoming a Leaf :)

You rant about Komarov but then you want Simmonds?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Seriously you think Simmonds is another Leo. Please. I'd like to see Marchand try and like Simmonds' face.
Old: check
Slow: Check
Stone hands: Check
Wants more money than he should: Check

Sure he could punch Marchand huge snozz but what about all the other time he spends on the ice?

I just feel like he’s too slow for our style.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Old: check
Slow: Check
Stone hands: Check
Wants more money than he should: Check

Sure he could punch Marchand huge snozz but what about all the other time he spends on the ice?

I just feel like he’s too slow for our style.

Simmonds would be a pure rental because I can't see him resigning with the Leafs. He would look great along side Matthews and Nylander and in front of the net on the PP.

He may be slowing down but he has plenty left for what we lack.

It does not have to be Simmonds, but he is a UFA, plays for a team that will be selling and and there is lots of speculation around Simmonds and the Leafs.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Leivo was never given any time here for his time to be up! JMHO.

Levio was on the Leafs roster for 3 years, he actually had too many chances, his play was inconsistent, you can't do that with Babs, I liked Levio going back to his Marlies days

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
DuUbLXzVYAAsgEd.jpg:large

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Levio was on the Leafs roster for 3 years, he actually had too many chances, his play was inconsistent, you can't do that with Babs, I liked Levio going back to his Marlies days
I disagree. I don't think he got a long enough look on a consistent line with the Leafs. He moved from press box to Leafs, to Marlies and back, far too much.

His play was as inconsistent as his usage! JMHO.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I disagree. I don't think he got a long enough look on a consistent line with the Leafs. He moved from press box to Leafs, to Marlies and back, far too much.

His play was as inconsistent as his usage! JMHO.

how much time does a 4th liner need?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Simmonds would be a pure rental because I can't see him resigning with the Leafs. He would look great along side Matthews and Nylander and in front of the net on the PP.

He may be slowing down but he has plenty left for what we lack.

It does not have to be Simmonds, but he is a UFA, plays for a team that will be selling and and there is lots of speculation around Simmonds and the Leafs.

He'd look great until the other team gets the puck

Then he's going to look terrible and that line is going to get abused because they can't stop the opposition line scoring

He's the last winger I'd bring in as a rental, we need a 2way winger not another offense first can't defend for **** type

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
He'd look great until the other team gets the puck

Then he's going to look terrible and that line is going to get abused because they can't stop the opposition line scoring

He's the last winger I'd bring in as a rental, we need a 2way winger not another offense first can't defend for **** type

He will play a heavy game and put pressure on the opposition's D. He laid a solid hit on Dermott the last time they were here and Kadri shied away from challenging him. I'm all for getting a better 2 way player, but good luck finding and acquiring one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad