Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
not necessarily. they can go on a little slide, we go on a tear and we're pretty close/even steven, not to mention that we pay all our games vs. them in march/april so..anything can happen?

They play one this week. The NHL schedule is a strange beast.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Tampa is 8 points up, but we have 2 games in hand. That's a really big gap though at this point.

Kind of funny to see comments that the Leafs are so far behind Tampa, but in reality they're currently in 2nd place in the league ... Just goes to show how dominate the Bolts are to start the year but also what the measuring stick is.

Should be a good game Thursday.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Dubas and Babcock need to build a team that can beat the Bolts in a playoff round, they will be a thorn in our side for a few years.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Dubas and Babcock need to build a team that can beat the Bolts in a playoff round, they will be a thorn in our side for a few years.
Leafs haven't even played Tampa in the post season so who's to say the current roster isn't up to the task?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i wonder what it would take to get Petriangelo from St L. they seem ripe for picking.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Pie isn't the guy to go after, in my opinion. He's got 1.5 years left, and STL fans are pretty negative about his play this year. I'd rather go for a cheaper option like McQuaid or Petrovic, or try to land one of the 2020 UFAs like Spurgeon, Muzzin or Faulk.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hjalmarsson from ARI.

Jared Spurgeon would be good too.

I'd take Piet in a heartbeat this summer, with Zaitsev going the other way, with an extension in place, after Matthews and Marner are signed and we know what money we got, but otherwise, stick with a cheaper option in both $$$ and assets.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leivo 2 pt night.

Interesting stat:

Through his first 4 games Leivo has been getting 73% of his starts in the o-zone.... quite the soft usage

On that note Pettersson and Boeser are above 60% in their o-zone starts too.

Very sheltered

Horvat has over 60% d-zone starts and still has 14G/28P this season .. impressive

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Hjalmarsson from ARI.

Jared Spurgeon would be good too.

I'd take Piet in a heartbeat this summer, with Zaitsev going the other way, with an extension in place, after Matthews and Marner are signed and we know what money we got, but otherwise, stick with a cheaper option in both $$$ and assets.

i'd kill for Hammer but they won't shake him loose :(
i figure with Pie - he's from the area so he can get rejuvenated being on a good team (and home). he's been on team canada.. (right?) so he has that connection w/Babcock.

i don't think they're gonna move Parayko.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Pie isn't the guy to go after, in my opinion. He's got 1.5 years left, and STL fans are pretty negative about his play this year. I'd rather go for a cheaper option like McQuaid or Petrovic, or try to land one of the 2020 UFAs like Spurgeon, Muzzin or Faulk.
he's having a poor year, but so is the whole team. the year before he was excellent. let's not forget the sort of endorsements Islanders fans were giving Tavares after his play last year too

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'd like Parayko first and foremost because of his age. He is 3 years younger than Pietrangelo.

If your going to give up a 1st, and a couple of top prospects, you go for Parayko IMHO.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I'd like Parayko first and foremost because of his age. He is 3 years younger than Pietrangelo.

If your going to give up a 1st, and a couple of top prospects, you go for Parayko IMHO.

Exact reason why Doug probably won't move him. I doubt they want to pay Pie's future contract (8 years 9AAV?) or lose him for free, I think that's why he's more likely to be dealt.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Exact reason why Doug probably won't move him. I doubt they want to pay Pie's future contract (8 years 9AAV?) or lose him for free, I think that's why he's more likely to be dealt.
Would trading for Pietrangelo be like trading for Phaneuf all over again then?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Would trading for Pietrangelo be like trading for Phaneuf all over again then?

Pietrangelo is a legit #1 stud, I remember watching him in the OHL, just a big dominant d'man, we can play him 25 min a game, just go back to back with him and Rielly for the last 8-10 mins of the game when we have the lead. :thumbu:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Got to be careful taking Pietrangelo’s cap hit. Attendance is down meaning the cap won’t go up as much as projected.

Also, will he require surgery on his injured hand?

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
Tavares, Marner, Hyman, Brown, Dermott, Pietrangelo....

How amazing would it be to go on a cup run with a third of our skaters being kids from in/around Toronto?

The storybook fantasies have me in my feelings. Do it, Kyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad