Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
how much time does a 4th liner need?
A longer look than Leivo got IMHO!

A Hyman look would have been nice.

Now, having said the above, he's gone! No need to dwell on what could have been. Let's see what he accomplishes with Canucks, with regular ice time, if he accomplishes anything at all.

member 262271

That Mikko Rantanen is ridiculous, is he MacKinnon and Landeskog the sole contributors for GF on the Avs? Geeeeeeeeeez.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That Mikko Rantanen is ridiculous, is he MacKinnon and Landeskog the sole contributors for GF on the Avs? Geeeeeeeeeez.

They are the definition of a one line team. They took the mantle away from Boston this year.

Kind of hope we see Marner, Matthews and Nylander on one line one day in the future if we lose depth because of cap reasons.

Tavares has shown he can play with just about anybody. Stack em up and light up the league.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

member 262271

They are the definition of a one line team. They took the mantle away from Boston this year.

Kind of hope we see Marner, Matthews and Nylander on one line one day in the future if we lose depth because of cap reasons.

Tavares has shown he can play with just about anybody. Stack em up and light up the league.
I'm just not entirely sure it would lead to team success, here I am gushing over the Avs first line but I don't think they'll go all the way on that strength alone.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He will play a heavy game and put pressure on the opposition's D. He laid a solid hit on Dermott the last time they were here and Kadri shied away from challenging him. I'm all for getting a better 2 way player, but good luck finding and acquiring one.

So he hits stuff?

Awesome, now explain to me how the Matthews line won't get eaten alive when they face up to other teams best players with Nylander and Simmonds on either wing?

Your advocating trading assets for a less talented JVR who can punch people in the face

That's a waste of assets

Reactions: stickty111

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
So he hits stuff?

Awesome, now explain to me how the Matthews line won't get eaten alive when they face up to other teams best players with Nylander and Simmonds on either wing?

Your advocating trading assets for a less talented JVR who can punch people in the face

That's a waste of assets

Sorry he is more than somebody who can punch people in the face. He is better than any LWer we have.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Sorry he is more than somebody who can punch people in the face. He is better than any LWer we have.

So?

That doesn't actually make him ideal or worth the acquisition cost

He's a decent offensive player that is below average defensively that doesn't actually help the team keep the puck out of the net which is our major need

Just a pointless waste of assets

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He will play a heavy game and put pressure on the opposition's D. He laid a solid hit on Dermott the last time they were here and Kadri shied away from challenging him. I'm all for getting a better 2 way player, but good luck finding and acquiring one.
Agreed, seems like the ideal add to me.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
So?

He's a decent offensive player that is below average defensively that doesn't actually help the team keep the puck out of the net which is our major need

OK we are closer to what we think Simmonds is. Only way we find out how good an add he would be is if Leafs were to acquire him so no sense debating further. If Dubas can find a better "Simmonds" them I am all for it as I really don't like our left side or bottom 3.

Reactions: ACC1224

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
So?

I think so. Yes he is going to cost something but so is somebody better.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So he hits stuff?

That's a waste of assets

why would they?

actually i don't really care about this debate. LOL.
the goal should be getting Parayko or Pie. get it done Dubas

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think so. Yes he is going to cost something but so is somebody better.

We don't need another winger

People need to realize our available assets aren't inexhaustible, if we start trading for forwards with Hainsey and Zaitsev as our top 4 RD I'm going to be seriously pissed

why would they?

actually i don't really care about this debate. LOL.
the goal should be getting Parayko or Pie. get it done Dubas

Exactly

It's like any biggish name with a Toronto connection and people lose there ******* minds and actual need gets chucked out the window

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

People need to realize our available assets aren't inexhaustible, if we start trading for forwards with Hainsey and Zaitsev as our top 4 RD I'm going to be seriously pissed

Exactly

It's like any biggish name with a Toronto connection and people lose there ******* minds and actual need gets chucked out the window

I don't think it's that. (and i mean. Pie's from the area, so. there you go.).
people's biggest issue with this team is that there isn't a lot of pushback. Now. i personally think there is when it needs to be. and i'm not really watching any flyers games lately so i don't know if Simmonds sucks or whatever but he is somewhat Physical and it would give the 2nd PP unit another dimension and while you would get pissed that we trade for forwards, i think we would have to acknowledge that there needs to be some adjustment up there anyway (AND our biggest issue in the playoffs the last 2 years was the failure to convert on the powerplay)

and for good measure
Zaitzev is not that bad but i know it's custom around these parts to hate on him so there's that.

i would rather just get Pie and Para. just sayin.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't think it's that. (and i mean. Pie's from the area, so. there you go.).
people's biggest issue with this team is that there isn't a lot of pushback. Now. i personally think there is when it needs to be. and i'm not really watching any flyers games lately so i don't know if Simmonds sucks or whatever but he is somewhat Physical and it would give the 2nd PP unit another dimension and while you would get pissed that we trade for forwards, i think we would have to acknowledge that there needs to be some adjustment up there anyway (AND our biggest issue in the playoffs the last 2 years was the failure to convert on the powerplay)

and for good measure
Zaitzev is not that bad but i know it's custom around these parts to hate on him so there's that.

i would rather just get Pie and Para. just sayin.

This team has a defensive issue Daisy, Andersen gets asked to stand on his head and save 40+ shots a game waaaay to often, that means if we're shopping we should be after players that have an above average defensive game, forward or defense

Trading significant assets for a pure rental that is poor defensively (that may be generous as well) because "pushback" is beyond moronic

We're supposed to try to improve the team not go "big name hunting" while not actually solving the teams major issue

Zaitsev is bad, his contract is bad, if we can trade it we should
It's as simple as that

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Exactly

We could use a heavier winger but we have a bigger need for a RHD. That does not mean we can't get both if the price is right. We also need to lean on our top 3 lines in the playoffs. Doubt Babs will do it but it might make some sense to dress 11 F and 7 D in the playoffs.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We could use a heavier winger but we have a bigger need for a RHD. That does not mean we can't get both if the price is right. We also need to lean on our top 3 lines in the playoffs. Doubt Babs will do it but it might make some sense to dress 11 F and 7 D in the playoffs.

Simmonds is worth a 1st+

That's unusable in a trade for a RD in that case, then we're talking roster players and our prospect pool

Then fill out the team next season when we need cheap fill in's because of our cap situation

You see the problem?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
This team has a defensive issue Daisy, Andersen gets asked to stand on his head and save 40+ shots a game waaaay to often, that means if we're shopping we should be after players that have an above average defensive game, forward or defense

Trading significant assets for a pure rental that is poor defensively (that may be generous as well) because "pushback" is beyond moronic

We're supposed to try to improve the team not go "big name hunting" while not actually solving the teams major issue

Zaitsev is bad, his contract is bad, if we can trade it we should
It's as simple as that

and every team that has won the cup has had some form of physicality factor.
this team has aspirations of becoming a cup contender and while i believe it's there i don't think it's as strong as it could be. and Yes. Tampa has it too.that too helps improve the team. just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's moronic.

and Zatizev is not bad. but again. people hate him so each their own.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
and every team that has won the cup has had some form of physicality factor.
this team has aspirations of becoming a cup contender and while i believe it's there i don't think it's as strong as it could be. and Yes. Tampa has it too.that too helps improve the team. just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's moronic.

and Zatizev is not bad. but again. people hate him so each their own.

Zaitsev couldn't make an outlet pass if he tried, can't play under pressure and will not hold his own blue-line, the only thing keeping that pair afloat is Gardiner
He deserves a medal for carrying Zaitsev this season, he's performing yeoman's work

You realize assets aren't infinite right? Wasting assets on a winger with a bad defensive game with that RD is nuts
It's about as smart as having 200 bucks in your pocket and instead of fixing your car to get to your job you blow it going out to dinner

Ok I won't use moronic, is dripping with autism better? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad