Around the League v2: Everyone Is Getting Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
damn, tough break for the Bruins. I may hate their team but I respect the f*** out of Bergeron.

Reactions: BM14

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Did anyone see the Winnipeg players respond to the hit from behind on Kyle Conner?

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Yeah - beat them 7-1.

I'm confused as to how a team like Philadelphia, with Ghost and Provorov, who would totally be number one D on any team in the league and are miles better than Morgan Rielly, continues to get stomped by brutal margins.

101 GA in 28 games.

I dislike Winnipeg, but as far as it goes it couldn't happen to a nicer fanbase.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I'm confused as to how a team like Philadelphia, with Ghost and Provorov, who would totally be number one D on any team in the league and are miles better than Morgan Rielly, continues to get stomped by brutal margins.

101 GA in 28 games.

I dislike Winnipeg, but as far as it goes it couldn't happen to a nicer fanbase.
coach sucks...

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
coach sucks...

It's that, but it's not all that.

- Still no goalie...but it's not like they had a good goalie who they then traded for a bunch of lottery tickets to a divisional rival!

- The aforementioned Provorov and Ghost...Provo will be a stud eventually but he's just too young. Ghost, meanwhile, could be knocked over with a feather and is the epitome of a fourth forward. Aside from that, none of their 'franchise level D prospects' (Morin and Sanheim, coming soon: Myers) have hit.

- Their forwards are mediocre aside from Giroux who is a warrior I'd welcome to the Leafs any day (but he's getting old) and Couturier who looks pedestrian this year. Simmonds is falling apart, Voracek only plays well when he feels like it, Konecny looks good but isn't anything more than a second liner, Patrick is a glass man and we all know all about jvr here...

They're gonna hit rock bottom soon and stay there for a few years.

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

101 GA in 28 games.

While it's possible that Provorov may eventually be better than Rielly, I don't think that's true today. But those are just your and my opinions.

The important factor is the quality of the rest of the team, and the coaches.

The funny thing is that, in another thread, someone expressed the opinion that all Russian defenceman are total crap, although I suspect the comment had a lot to do with his not liking Zaitsev.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Tampa is 8 points up, but we have 2 games in hand. That's a really big gap though at this point.

The Leafs still have roughly 20 inter-divisional games remaining. I don’t know if that’s good or bad, but at least they have some control over their fate in the standings. I think they’ll be slightly over 500 but you never know.

member 147413

Bergeron could be out for the season, evaluation in two weeks. Doesn't look good. Season-ending surgery for his shoulder. Big blow to the Bruins.
Tough, big fan of Bergeron.

f*** the Bruins though, every year they don’t win, they get worse and worse. Hope they struggle for the foreseeable future.

McAvoy, Debrusk, Pasta and Carlo are certainly not enough to keep them afloat.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Tampa is 8 points up, but we have 2 games in hand. That's a really big gap though at this point.

not necessarily. they can go on a little slide, we go on a tear and we're pretty close/even steven, not to mention that we pay all our games vs. them in march/april so..anything can happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad