Around the League Thread | Stacey’s Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Leafs getting blown out by the Laineless jackets

Reaves also out of the game, hurt himself bumping into the boards kinda softly.. looked weird and kinda like an ankle/achilles but hard to tell what even happened.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
T

This stuff is getting so exhausting. Can we not just support players and leave the politics out of it?

Over the years I've learned that it's better to just be pleased with people like Dermott being good community examples instead of expecting all players to be role models. Same with Zadorov and Russia.

With that said, maybe I'm in the minority but I don't see anything wrong with Gretzky's comments at the time because I'd wager >80% of people at the time held similar opinions and a lot of that was driven by the media. He's probably a conservative because he's a rich guy, but I can't fault him for thinking the war was good when most people on TV were openly cheering for the war in response to 9/11. Same thing with Ovechkin - I don't know what it's like to be a famous Russian, but I sure as shit wouldn't want to step on Putin's toes given his history of being petty and vicious towards his enemies. And for that matter, I'm not critical of Kuzmenko at all for being scared because I would probably be scared too. I have the privilege of being able to say anything, but he probably doesn't.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
can someone remind me? wasn’t guerin implicated in burying the pittsburgh sexual assault allegations between jarrod skalde’s wife and clark donatelli?

and come to think of it, wasn’t this rumoured to be why rutherford abruptly left the penguins?

i guess you hire like minnesota did you get what you deserve.

1702604023940.gif

i just hope that doesn’t extend to us too (morally or karmically)

Last edited:

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Over the years I've learned that it's better to just be pleased with people like Dermott being good community examples instead of expecting all players to be role models. Same with Zadorov and Russia.

With that said, maybe I'm in the minority but I don't see anything wrong with Gretzky's comments at the time because I'd wager >80% of people at the time held similar opinions and a lot of that was driven by the media. He's probably a conservative because he's a rich guy, but I can't fault him for thinking the war was good when most people on TV were openly cheering for the war in response to 9/11. Same thing with Ovechkin - I don't know what it's like to be a famous Russian, but I sure as shit wouldn't want to step on Putin's toes given his history of being petty and vicious towards his enemies. And for that matter, I'm not critical of Kuzmenko at all for being scared because I would probably be scared too. I have the privilege of being able to say anything, but he probably doesn't.
He's probably a conservative because he's a rich guy? What? I'm conservative and I'm the furthest thing from.

Anyway I'm not even touching these topics.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
T

This stuff is getting so exhausting. Can we not just support players and leave the politics out of it?
It's not like someone asked Ovechkin his opinion on P***n and he said something dumb. Ovechkin chose to get involved in politics so he has to wear that. Maybe he was just naive or stupid but I refuse to condone celebrating any kind of milestones he may achieve before he slides out of the NHL and into oblivion.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Wow, Columbus imploded in the third letting the Leafs score 5 goals to tie the game but then win it in OT.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Sophomore slump hit Beniers hard. What happened there? 7 goals and nothing from him. -20 on the year

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I’ve mentioned this before, but the decision to give retirement contracts to everyone and their dog associated with that 2019 team and Krug and Faulk but not their captain/1D/best player is the most bizarre management error I’ve seen in the cap era. Basically ended their contending window and I’ve never seen any sort of real explanation for it other than ‘giant mistake’.
I don’t think there’s a more modern example of a Cinderella team than that St Louis team in 2019. The coaching bump, the relatively easy schedule they had after the new calendar year, Binnington having the season of his life which he hasn’t replicated, etc. I was never really impressed by them and find it odd they wouldn’t try and re sign Pietrangelo but re sign Krug/Faulk to long term NTC contracts.

They’ve been a poorly managed team for so long.

Reactions: HockeyWooot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille