Around the League Thread | Full Arenas Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Fanbase get spoiled. Remember when Vigneault was run out of town after winning 5 straight division titles?

I don't exactly remember the level of vitriol and hate directed at Gilles and AV, but I can't imagine it reaching Leafs fans hate against Dubas/Keefe 5 games into the season. Toronto is just something different

But again we haven't been humiliated as they have been so far in the playoffs. Montreal upseting them and going onto the finals with a far inferior team has to do something to the a psyche of a fanbase

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Just watched the Coyotes/Flyers game. They are terrible but not because of their goaltending. Talk about a bargain, just signing a goalie from Europe and make him your starter.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
"How to ruin a legacy", by Duncan Keith

the tim thomas playbook

I don't exactly remember the level of vitriol and hate directed at Gilles and AV, but I can't imagine it reaching Leafs fans hate against Dubas/Keefe 5 games into the season. Toronto is just something different

i wanted AV fired (for brad mccrimmon, who was an assistant with the red wings) after the 2010 playoffs, and again after game six of the western semis against chicago in 2011 (for anyone but bowness).

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Leafs and Nucks are pretty similar these days. High powered underperforming offenses, nucks with worse d and better goaltending.

The Leafs are going to finish minimum 20 points ahead of us in the standings, comfortably in the playoffs once again while we watch with our noses pressed against the window (granted they'll lose yet again in the first round, to Tampa this time).

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Anyways their hate against Keefe made me check his record and he has .630 pts% !!. Different expectations I know and the playoff chokes bite deep, but what a hockey crazed fanbase

Yep. I wish we had their problems. We're "all in" just like they are, with the same cap situation and lack of prospects in the pipeline, except we're terrible.

Reactions: vanuck

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Flames outshooting preds 20-9 in a single period. Sutter flames are gonna run over this team and for my money probably the only team in the division that style matches up best against Vegas.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Another rangers penalty. My per didn’t record this one so I missed the first 15min.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Lol apparently you cant even message a mod on Reddit without getting permabanned. Its literally in there TOA that you can appeal and discuss if but they just permaban you

Appeals:
Healthy communities allow for appropriate discussion (and appeal) of moderator actions. Appeals to your actions should be taken seriously. Moderator responses to appeals by their users should be consistent, germane to the issue raised and work through education, not punishment.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
That Kyle Connor deke on the shootout goal was something else, even in slo mo was just :amazed:

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I don't understand why Calgary would pull the trigger on this now with how well the team is meshing. Just stay the course and see how the season goes.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Whichever team ends up loses out on Eichel over a 2nd or whatever the difference is will regret it.

I wish we were in on him. Anyone except Pettersson would be on the table.

Vegas in particular should be all in on him. Eichel is what you dream of adding to an already contending roster.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I don't understand why Calgary would pull the trigger on this now with how well the team is meshing. Just stay the course and see how the season goes.

I can see it. There’s probably a 2-3 year window where the west is gonna be filled with weak teams. Even the top dogs Avs/Knights are very beatable and have weaknesses. With Eichel I could easily see them going on a run or 2 through the west and after that who knows

Reactions: vanarchy

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Makes sense if they don’t have to give up many pieces from the current squad given Eichel likely won’t be playing anytime soon.

mid they give up mainly picks and prospects, you add Eichel for the stretch run.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Makes sense if they don’t have to give up many pieces from the current squad given Eichel likely won’t be playing anytime soon.

mid they give up mainly picks and prospects, you add Eichel for the stretch run.
I just don't believe that will get it done unless a core player is somehow involved. Maybe Gaudreau gets thrown into the mix if they don't get a sense he'll re-sign?

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Unless they Kucherov the trade timing so he recovers just in time for playoffs, 10 mil of roster players needs to go the other way.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I just don't believe that will get it done unless a core player is somehow involved. Maybe Gaudreau gets thrown into the mix if they don't get a sense he'll re-sign?
They need to free up cap space for when Eichel comes off ltir.
Has to be something that the Sabres can flip for futures.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Whichever team ends up loses out on Eichel over a 2nd or whatever the difference is will regret it.

I wish we were in on him. Anyone except Pettersson would be on the table.

Vegas in particular should be all in on him. Eichel is what you dream of adding to an already contending roster.

Given his injury concerns, trading the farm for him is a huge risk. That and that fact you'll somehow have to clear off 10m in salary when he comes off LTIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad