Around the League Thread | Full Arenas Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Every goalie who got a vote for the Vezina last year has a save% of 900 or lower right now except for Mike Smith.

Shit is f***ing voodoo, I swear.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Every goalie who got a vote for the Vezina last year has a save% of 900 or lower right now except for Mike Smith.

Shit is f***ing voodoo, I swear.

It's a long season, my friend. I remember every October, people came out of the woodworks to say Luongo lost it, he sucked, etc. Then he'd turn it on. I think part of that is some guys are slow starters, league scoring is usually up at the start of the season when new defensive strategies are being figured out, and maybe mossey can attest to this, but new equipment being broken in. There are some big-ass rebounds to start the year.

Stormblessed

Jul 4, 2009
Victoria
Its actually more about establishing timing than new gear per se. You'd be surprised how a split second difference can dramatically alter the trajectory of a rebound. New gear will be a very slight difference, but readjusting to game speed and getting that leg in position a split second faster is usually more why you would see rebounds coming out more.
It's a long season, my friend. I remember every October, people came out of the woodworks to say Luongo lost it, he sucked, etc. Then he'd turn it on. I think part of that is some guys are slow starters, league scoring is usually up at the start of the season when new defensive strategies are being figured out, and maybe mossey can attest to this, but new equipment being broken in. There are some big-ass rebounds to start the year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Coaching matters a lot. Mike Sullivan can get the most out of a limited lineup. Coach Q, (can get something out of players that you don't expect something from), though as a person with that whole Chicago investigation I wouldn't want around, but he can coach.

Who has Green coached up?

Reactions: racerjoe

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Schmidt is tearing it up on his new team. FIRE GREEN

Sam Bennett's career has taken off since getting out of Calgary. He's now in a situation that works better for him. Calgary got 2 second round picks out of it, so still came out of it ok. Doubt Bennett was going to do that under Sutter.

At the end of the day, what those 2 players are doing now are not what they were doing for their former clubs. Calgary had multiple HC and still not much out of Bennett.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Coaching matters a lot. Mike Sullivan can get the most out of a limited lineup. Coach Q, (can get something out of players that you don't expect something from), though as a person with that whole Chicago investigation I wouldn't want around, but he can coach.

Who has Green coached up?
Motte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad