Around the League Thread | Full Arenas Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Buffalo would then have to flip Tkachuk. Don’t see him wanting to endure a rebuild when he’s a year away from ufa.

That alone is a smart move. Get multiple picks and allow another team to pick up Eichel's massive anchor of a contract. Flip the asset that's coming back for more futures.

I think Eichel is a phenomenal talent but back injuries are no joke. There's no guarantee he will ever be the same player he was pre-injury.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
He’s got a long term deal so no impact on his contract. But sucks for him.

but that is something he should have considered when he extended long term with AZ. He signed in like 2019 or something? That is still 7 years since they last made the PO. So did he really expect things to change for them with their arena issues? Got paid but signed away a couple of ufa years.
Long term deal or not.

Sucking at work destroys the soul.

EP probably agrees with me.

Last edited:

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Is Eichel even good anymore and will his injury impact him long term? Does he want to play in Calgary?? Seems loaded with risk!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Long term deal or not.

Sucking at work destroys the soul.

EP probably agrees with me.
Agreed. But when he signed his extension a year before hitting rfa he knew the club had not made the PO for several years. His choice to go long term over a bridge. Had he gone bridge he’d be a year away from ufa after this season.

Reactions: mathonwy

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
If they land Wright and/or Bedard all will be forgiven very quickly.

Any other outcome and they will need to have nailed their picks. If last year and this years drafts are busts for them, it'll be an extremely rough ride.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If they land Wright and/or Bedard all will be forgiven very quickly.

Any other outcome and they will need to have nailed their picks. If last year and this years drafts are busts for them, it'll be an extremely rough ride.
Still a big if. Last place team has their own 18% plus whatever the percentages of teams ranked 12-16 odds are of winning the lottery to get Wright. That would still come out to less than a 30% chance of getting him. Between picking AZ or the field you take the field getting Wright.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Is Eichel even good anymore and will his injury impact him long term? Does he want to play in Calgary?? Seems loaded with risk!
The first question is ridiculous, if he’s healthy then still easily a top 10 potentially top 5
player in the league.

Despite what I said, that’s a steep price to pay

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The first question is ridiculous, if he’s healthy then still easily a top 10 potentially top 5
player in the league.

It is...but I highly doubt that Buffalo has a whole lot of interest in Sean Monahan..Vegas is dangling Theodore (apparently), which sounds more enticing...There were also question marks about Tkachuk re-signing in Calgary ..so there's that.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
player in the league.

That's ridiculous.

But Calgary finally gets their 1C.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Do the flames have any prospects? At first it seems like a lot but if the 1st this year is later than it is not that much. Lottery protected is there that much risk? The risk is Eichel himself. Tkachuk is by far the best Flame asset but his contract is not that long and he can be a core piece but he cannot be a team's best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino