Around the League Thread | Full Arenas Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Keith is a POS but he says if he could do it over again he would. Just being traded is no excuse though.
He only said that because of the fallout or else he would’ve said it during his media session earlier on the day of Beach’s Westhead interview. He didn’t.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
at this point, does anyone expect any dignity/sincerity from Duncan Elbow Keith?

if he weren't talented at hockey, he'd be committing street crime. he isn't bright enough for the white collar stuff.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Grubauer sucks. That was a horrendous contract from the beginning especially after signing Driedger and the options available per the ED.

Grubauer has been good for a long time. He hasn't had a save percentage lower than 0.916 since his cup of coffee with Washington in 12-13. He has never played more than 40 games in a season though. I think he'll bounce back. With Driedger back he can get some rest.

Speaking of Washington, I totally forgot that Halak was a one time teammate of Holtby.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Players who taunted Bolland, yes.

Players who just ignored the situation and rumours, no.
I would love to hear why the players that heard of this situation, and heard the taunting just stood idly by, or will they just all clam up like greasy Keith? Or maybe make up some BS like Toews?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I would love to hear why the players that heard of this situation, and heard the taunting just stood idly by, or will they just all clam up like greasy Keith? Or maybe make up some BS like Toews?

People don't like to get involved, don't know how true rumours actually are, have other worries and problems consuming their attention, don't know if the victim wants any help, don't know the best way to talk to the victim. I'm sure all of us have been aware of situations in school/work/society/whatever where we heard rumours of something wrong but didn't think it was our place to get involved. Which maybe isn't the best attitude, but it happens constantly in all different social situations.

Actively being the bully and taunting Beach, again, is a different story.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
What is the odd 2010 trade you speak of?

why did you think it was odd at the time? they had cap issues, had to trade some players

so this was the summer of 2010 for chicago —

Chicago Blackhawks acquireDateFlorida Panthers acquire
Chicago_Blackhawks.gif
Jeff Taffe
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
July 22, 2010
Marty Reasoner
Florida_Panthers.gif
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Chicago Blackhawks acquireDateAtlanta Thrashers acquire
Chicago_Blackhawks.gif
Ivan Vishnevskiy
2011 2nd round pick (#36-Adam Clendening)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
July 1, 2010
Andrew Ladd
Atlanta_Thrashers.gif
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Toronto Maple Leafs acquireDateChicago Blackhawks acquire
Toronto_Maple_Leafs.gif
Bill Sweatt
Kris Versteeg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
June 30, 2010
Christopher Didomenico
Philippe Paradis
Viktor Stalberg
Chicago_Blackhawks.gif
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Boston Bruins acquireDateChicago Blackhawks acquire
Boston_Bruins.gif
2010 7th round pick (#210-Zach Trotman)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
June 26, 2010
2011 7th round pick (#210-Johan Mattsson)
Chicago_Blackhawks.gif
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Toronto Maple Leafs acquireDateChicago Blackhawks acquire
Toronto_Maple_Leafs.gif
2010 2nd round pick (#43-Bradley Ross)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
June 26, 2010
Jimmy Hayes (RIP)
Chicago_Blackhawks.gif
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Chicago Blackhawks acquireDateNew York Islanders acquire
Chicago_Blackhawks.gif
2010 2nd round pick (#35-Ludvig Rensfeldt)
2010 2nd round pick (#58-Kent Simpson)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
June 25, 2010
2010 1st round pick #30-Brock Nelson)
New_York_Islanders.gif
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Edmonton Oilers acquireDateChicago Blackhawks acquire
Edmonton_Oilers.gif
Colin Fraser
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
June 24, 2010
2010 6th round pick (#151-Mirko Hoefflin)
Chicago_Blackhawks.gif
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Chicago Blackhawks acquireDateAtlanta Thrashers acquire
Chicago_Blackhawks.gif
Joey Crabb
Jeremy Morin
Marty Reasoner
2010 1st round pick (#24-Kevin Hayes)
2010 2nd round pick (#54-Justin Holl)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
June 23, 2010
Akim Aliu
Dustin Byfuglien
Ben Eager
Brent Sopel
Atlanta_Thrashers.gif
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

plus antti niemi, September 2, 2010: Signed as a Free Agent with the San Jose Sharks. and christobal huet conveniently went off to the swiss league, freeing up $5.625 in cap space.

ignore the picks and the players off the roster that left are niemi, byfuglien, eager, sopel, colin fraser, versteeg, and ladd. aliu was likely moved for reasons related to peters on the AHL team. but yeah, they were in a major cap crunch so who knows whether anyone was moved for aldrich-related reasons. sopel had one more year on a $2.33 cap hit, i don't think they could have afforded to keep him in a neutral situation. as it stands, they went into the next season with campbell on his huge unmovable deal, keith on a big contract, seabrook on his bridge, and hjalmarsson got a raise to the same bridge. the rest of the D were all minimum contracts.

eager and fraser though, those were minimum guys so they certainly weren't moved for money reasons. that said, it's also hard to say they weren't improved upon with the better cheap bottom of roster players chicago brought in to replace them.

i believe bill sweatt was an NCAA draft pick about to age into unrestricted free agency. we signed him later in the summer.

but the real winner in all this? i bet dale tallon is glad he got fired now.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Leafs and Nucks are pretty similar these days. High powered underperforming offenses, nucks with worse d and better goaltending.
Not the actual game play. The Leafs regularly carry the play and dominate territorially. They get lots of chances and they give up lots but they get more.

This is all basically the inverse of Vancouver’s season so far.

The star forwards are having slow starts but there’s are generating. Vancouver’s aren’t.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Not the actual game play. The Leafs regularly carry the play and dominate territorially. They get lots of chances and they give up lots but they get more.

This is all basically the inverse of Vancouver’s season so far.

The star forwards are having slow starts but there’s are generating. Vancouver’s aren’t.
Bad coaching

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
I was reading the Leafs board and was somewhat surprized that they hate Keefe more then we will ever probably hate Green. We are either more tame or apathetic because comparing the type of things that were said to them was really funny to the stuff said about Benning and co here.

The actors that claim there are regular personal attacks (have literally never seen one) against Benning should go read the Leafs board. Those guys are insane

Anyways their hate against Keefe made me check his record and he has .630 pts% !!. Different expectations I know and the playoff chokes bite deep, but what a hockey crazed fanbase

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I was reading the Leafs board and was somewhat surprized that they hate Keefe more then we will ever probably hate Green. We are either more tame or apathetic because comparing the type of things that were said to them was really funny to the stuff said about Benning and co here.

The actors that claim there are regular personal attacks (have literally never seen one) against Benning should go read the Leafs board. Those guys are insane

Anyways their hate against Keefe made me check his record and he has .630 pts% !!. Different expectations I know and the playoff chokes bite deep, but what a hockey crazed fanbase

Fanbase get spoiled. Remember when Vigneault was run out of town after winning 5 straight division titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad