Around the League - Stanley Cup Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Crosby may be older, but man that guy can still make amazing plays

Crosby is probably still a top 10ish player, I have him 9th best at the moment. If only he was in the 23-25 range, would be amazing to see how dominant he could be in the NHL and how he stacked against Mcdavid.

Crosby is probably my favorite player of all time. The dude is just an incredibly hard worker and his hockey IQ is crazy. Despite so many injuries and missed opportunities, he was for me the clear-cut best player of the generation until now with Mcdavid coming up.

Reactions: Menzinger

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Crosby may be older, but man that guy can still make amazing plays

He’s the rich man’s Tavares. You can see a lot of his tendencies being the inspiration of how Tavares plays the game. That high end grinder game with heads up little plays with the puck.

Reactions: Menzinger

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Man Jarry is doing his best Andersen impression. Let in weak goals, but overall has a solid SV% at .910. He should have had the 1st goal for sure.

Pens need to stop overpassing and just convert their odd-man rushes

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Man Jarry is doing his best Andersen impression. Let in weak goals, but overall has a solid SV% at .910. He should have had the 1st goal for sure.

Pens need to stop overpassing and just convert their odd-man rushes

I think people don't understand how many "soft" goals are scored on a regular basis in the NHL. Andersen hasn't been good this season but he's taken way too much grief at the same time.

Disclaimer - if it was me, Rittich would be our #2, not Andersen.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I think people don't understand how many "soft" goals are scored on a regular basis in the NHL. Andersen hasn't been good this season but he's taken way too much grief at the same time.

I get what you're saying, most goalies give up weaker goals, and a lot of time the play leading up to the goal may have some mental impact on them failing to make an easy save. Goalies are weird to assess with how they can rob point-blank chances when hot and in rhythm but can also give up weird angle and far distance goals when they have their confidence shaken.

Overall, if Jarry wins the game he'll end with a.915+ most likely which is a great game despite some poor goals.

It is easier to blame/fault the goalie vs the players I suppose as that is one person vs a whole collection of people and when a player fails it only keeps the score the same with the missed goal usually not talked as badly as when a goalie fails and gives one up and it puts his team down a goal.

Goaltending is a tough position for sure, and not one which is loved often by fans

Reactions: Gary Nylund

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

It wouldn't be as bad if the other goalies was letting in weak ones too. But when you are going up against Rask and a Korpisalo making ridiculous saves on one end, and you are letting in weak stuff on the other end, then you are not winning many series. The only time in recent memory where a guy was bailed out was Jones on the Sharks a few years ago, and he played in a weak Pacific Division where his team was able to outscore their problems and severely limit opportunities against fortunately.

Safe to say that if this is a regular occurrence for Jarry, PIT is not making it very far. Maybe he will get bailed out once or twice, but it won't carry them very long.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
I see the refs are back to not calling anything unless it feels like a good time for a PP in the playoffs.

Reactions: OddyOh

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Tough outing for Jarry today, Pitts is questionable between the pipes. Funny how quickly they went from a goalie surplus to no clear starter (or starting caliber) goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad