Around the league: Playoffs II | Did I mention Calgary sucks? And also Winnipeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
1 Shouldnt joke about suicide
2 That joke has been said LITERALLY a dozen times on this site about me and STL
3 The joke is the Blues are the 2016 Pens
4 If the Blues win the cup I. WILL. QUIT. HFBOARDS. 4 EVA...
5 Go fill a hole somewhere
6 Repeat steps 1-5
7 :yo:
8 GREATEST. POST. EVA
:laugh: Oh, c'mon kid. Just messin' with you. Lighten up.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
It's remarkable how little Laviolette trusts his bottom pairing. Hamhuis-Fabbro should be able to give you more than the 12-13 minutes a game that they're roughly averaging in these playoffs. I get that Nashville's top 4 D-men are world-class but how long can you go playing them 25 mins a night year after year while leaning on them so heavily for special teams like the PK as well? Just feels like they're not making the best use of their lineup, and the Preds have a pretty decent collection of forwards up front too - at least decent enough that they shouldn't be struggling like this offensively.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Lol how the **** did Kevin Hayes average less ES and overall ice time than Adam ****ing Lowry throughout this series?

In a series where the Blues won by literally just 1 goal every time, Paul Maurice decides to play a 4th line center over a proven top 6 forward who just put up the highest ES totals of his career this past season. I don't care if Maurice has a thing for overplaying his grinders, that's just insane...

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
:laugh: Oh, c'mon kid. Just messin' with you. Lighten up.
Go easy on him he’s literally a kid.
I think he’s trying to break my record that I had when I was a new poster, My good old teenager days, I think he makes like 200 posts a day lol

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
It seems that you want your best players to be able to raise to the increased speed and physicality of the games. Some are better built for that. It is a higher level of hockey just like any jump up not all players can handle it. I would say Gaudreau may be an example of a player who cannot elevate his game to another level. It may just be small sample size. Joe Thornton was an example as well as his lack of speed and directness did not play well in playoffs or world tournaments. While Getzlaf and Kane always were better the higher the level. It is not a fluke it is their skills do not play as well up a level. If your stars do not have another level you will not win.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It seems that you want your best players to be able to raise to the increased speed and physicality of the games. Some are better built for that. It is a higher level of hockey just like any jump up not all players can handle it. I would say Gaudreau may be an example of a player who cannot elevate his game to another level. It may just be small sample size. Joe Thornton was an example as well as his lack of speed and directness did not play well in playoffs or world tournaments. While Getzlaf and Kane always were better the higher the level. It is not a fluke it is their skills do not play as well up a level. If your stars do not have another level you will not win.

Except nobody can sustain it.

Guys like Kucherov, Crosby, Malkin, Scheifele were absolute beasts the past few years and no different than Gaudreau this year.

Matthews was a choker last year but now a clutch scorer.

Brad Marchand scored 11 goals the year Boston won, then 6 in his next 47 games before producing again the past couple years.

Panarin was traded from Chicago largely due to two awful playoffs with the same sort of narratives as Gaudreau now ... now was the best player on the ice in the Tampa upset.

Kane has had multiple poor performances in first-round exits.

I’ll bet money that Gaudreau has a big playoffs at some point in the next few years. And then we get the predictable narrative change.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
4 of their top 5 paid players weren’t drafted or developed by them.

Johansen, Turris, Granlund, Forsberg, and Subban.

The franchise just feels like a revolving door of players. Not sure how you can feel like a team that way.

Highest paid Canucks
- Eriksson
- Horvat*
- Tanev*
- Sutter
- Pearson
- Markstrom
- Baertschi
- Spooner
- Roussel
* Canucks drafted

8 of the top 10 paid Canucks players werent drafted by them. No surprise they are a crappy team at the bottom of the NHL as such a franchise of mercenaries, they lack togetherness and camaraderie

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Highest paid Canucks
- Eriksson
- Horvat*
- Tanev*
- Sutter
- Pearson
- Markstrom
- Baertschi
- Spooner
- Roussel
* Canucks drafted

8 of the top 10 paid Canucks players werent drafted by them. No surprise they are a crappy team at the bottom of the NHL as such a franchise of mercenaries, they lack togetherness and camaraderie

Note:Tanev was drafted either,he was a college free agent

Reactions: Peter10

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Except nobody can sustain it.

Guys like Kucherov, Crosby, Malkin, Scheifele were absolute beasts the past few years and no different than Gaudreau this year.

Matthews was a choker last year but now a clutch scorer.

Brad Marchand scored 11 goals the year Boston won, then 6 in his next 47 games before producing again the past couple years.

Panarin was traded from Chicago largely due to two awful playoffs with the same sort of narratives as Gaudreau now ... now was the best player on the ice in the Tampa upset.

Kane has had multiple poor performances in first-round exits.

I’ll bet money that Gaudreau has a big playoffs at some point in the next few years. And then we get the predictable narrative change.
Uhhhh panaren was amazing last year , guy was all world, not all about stats

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
For a fun exercise, count the number of cheap, effective mid-lower roster players on both Toronto and Boston who were seasoned in the AHL in the last 3-4 seasons.

Then do the same for us.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
Did anyone listen to Ron McLean in the pregame try to make Game 6 of the first round some sort of spiritual event? Just nauseating.
If the Leafs make it through to the second round I’ll have a slightly broken flat screen television for sale. (Just needs a new screen.)

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Did anyone listen to Ron McLean in the pregame try to make Game 6 of the first round some sort of spiritual event? Just nauseating.
If the Leafs make it through to the second round I’ll have a slightly broken flat screen television for sale. (Just needs a new screen.)

Always has the dumbest intros, guy is a clown.

Reactions: kevinsane

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Just gross.

Toronto and the Toronto media are the only thing that could make me cheer for Marchand scoring. Go Bruins.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Well with Burrows retired, there's no one he can bitch about.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
f*** the Bruins.

Toronto is an extremely likeable team, led by a forward thinking GM.

The media f***ing sucks, but I’m easily cheering for the young fast, forward thinking team.

Reactions: mossey3535
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad