Around the league: Playoffs II | Did I mention Calgary sucks? And also Winnipeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Toronto/Boston series has alternated in wins for both sides..Boston won this game, kind of stands to reason that Toronto will win the next one.?

Two evenly matched teams..should be a good game 7.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Strombo tried to do too much, too much change from the previous 3 decades for joe public to accept.
If he'd played the roll of ron McLean as himself a little better than the 180 that show took I think ppl would've warmed up to him sooner than later.

Reactions: B-rock

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Speaking of Twitter DMs. This is my favorite throwback:

CyUqKAEUkAEjbsZ

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver
Toronto/Boston really reminds me of Vancouver/Chicago. The Leafs will have a chance to "slay the dragon" so to speak in game 7 like we did in 2011 round 1.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Toronto/Boston really reminds me of Vancouver/Chicago. The Leafs will have a chance to "slay the dragon" so to speak in game 7 like we did in 2011 round 1.

Something about blowing that 3-0 series lead and getting blown out in games 4 and 5 still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Little did we know that would reoccur in the finals.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Nylander is completely terrible out there! A Turnover machine. If you want to stifle any gained momentum on a shift, just give the puck to Willy!
Nylander and Ehlers have been poor in the playoffs, no doubt!

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Don't think they can slay the dragon with the current kadri-less roster. Few current leafs will not take a hit to make a play or have a "deer in the headlights" moment when opponent is charging at them.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
There has never been anyone in the host role who has played the game, whether it’s McLean or Strombo or Dave Hodge or James Duthie or Scott Oake or whoever.

The job of the host is to introduce the game and host and provide a platform for ‘experts’ to give their opinions.

You’re confusing one job with another, and yes Ferraro is a quality voice who would be a huge upgrade on a moron like Kypreos. But he isn’t a host.

If that’s your definition then the most boring person ever could do it well. Even a robot. I get your point but I would like a more active host than a traditionally passive style. Like Joe Rogan for example. He contributes and talks a lot when he interviews people but I feel like he keeps a good balance of asking them insightful questions and letting them speak.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Auston Matthews is showing up this series, so he’s pulling his weight.
John Tavares has been MIA, guy wanted to play for his hometown team and he’s been crap.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Don't think they can slay the dragon with the current kadri-less roster. Few current leafs will not take a hit to make a play or have a "deer in the headlights" moment when opponent is charging at them.

Some concerns have been made about the reference. I think "the dragon" phenomenon happened when we clearly were getting results better than the Hawks and we still looked like we were playing scared in the playoffs. I don't see this as the same thing. The Leafs are not as good of a team as the Bruins IMHO and that's why the results are as such in the playoffs.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Auston Matthews is showing up this series, so he’s pulling his weight.
John Tavares has been MIA, guy wanted to play for his hometown team and he’s been crap.
John Tavares has the heavy match-up. Leafs really missed kadri as their 3rd C . Anyway, no Canada team in round 2 :(

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
John Tavares has the heavy match-up. Leafs really missed kadri as their 3rd C . Anyway, no Canada team in round 2 :(

I stopped giving a dam about “Canadian hockey patriotism” in the NHL playoffs when everyone cheered against us in 2011. f*** em all except the Habs their fans were always cool

Reactions: Indiana

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Decision-makers in Calgary and Winnipeg are facing a lot tougher decisions than the Canucks are....what to make their shocking first-round exits. Decisions to be made on a number of players, and unless you're still convinced you can still win with them, then I guess they get re-signed.

But can't ever remember a playoff year like this one...Never, since they went to current conference format was adopted, have the top two seeds in each conference been eliminated with such stunning ease in the first round.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Canada’s team montra died when everyone in Canada cheered against the Canucks in 2011.

Calgary media self bloated ass stated they were Canada’s team because of their record and from 2004.

Boozers all of them.
**** the Flames. They wouldn't even have their one Cup if the refs made the right call (Otto kicked it in).

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Yet they’re still miles better than Virtanen.
I guess. Ehlers being marginally better Doesn’t matter much with the Jets eliminated and facing potential cap hell.

It’ll be interesting to see if Virtanen can score a playoff goal before 20 playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad