Around the league: Playoffs II | Did I mention Calgary sucks? And also Winnipeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
LOL outshot 41-24.

Leafs fans: “f***you Babcock, you lost us the game”. “Fire Babcock, I don’t care what anyone says”.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
f*** Boston, yeah the Leafs can be annoying but sheesh, f*** boston.

Since it's the Leafs they'd probably just get eliminated in the second round anyways. Boston might pull their Jacobs shit and go to the final again.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
One of the most enduring mysteries of Canadian broadcasting is how so many people hated a class traditional professional in Strombo when he was hired because fancy shoes! millennial! MuchMusic lol! and yet shovel up the revolting schmaltz that MacLean peddles.

Posted about this on the HOH board awhile back :

Yeah I liked Strombo personally.

Ironically Strombo approached it like he was a fan who got to work for HNIC, which is much more honest and endearing to me than Mclean, who pretends he actually knows something about hockey, which is a lie.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Much was made about the strombo thing. I thought he was bad, but it's not as if we don't deal with terrible random guys who get lots of airtime on HNIC all the time. Damien Cox was there how long?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Strombo was super cringe. I want a guy like Ray Ferraro who has played in the sport at a super high level for years and is a thoughtful commentator who can offer his own insight and therefore extract more value from his guests / panelists while bringing his own value. Strombo brought nothing and therefore and didn’t extract anything interesting from his panelists or guests.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
If Tanev was on the Leafs I would've been shocked if he was able to finish this series without an injury.
He wouldn't be the "number one or number two" D on that team. With a lesser role, playing fewer tougher minutes, I'd guess the chances of him getting an injury would be less (my speculation).

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
To bad the Jets went down. Their fans deserve a cup.

Now if the Toronto media could ever stop being such arrogant jokers, and even show flashes of professionalism when they have to cover other teams, I might forgive them.

As it stands the curse of Harold Ballard is on that team, and they are just as unlucky as us.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Strombo was super cringe. I want a guy like Ray Ferraro who has played in the sport at a super high level for years and is a thoughtful commentator who can offer his own insight and therefore extract more value from his guests / panelists while bringing his own value. Strombo brought nothing and therefore and didn’t extract anything interesting from his panelists or guests.

There has never been anyone in the host role who has played the game, whether it’s McLean or Strombo or Dave Hodge or James Duthie or Scott Oake or whoever.

The job of the host is to introduce the game and host and provide a platform for ‘experts’ to give their opinions.

You’re confusing one job with another, and yes Ferraro is a quality voice who would be a huge upgrade on a moron like Kypreos. But he isn’t a host.

Reactions: mossey3535

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Much was made about the strombo thing. I thought he was bad, but it's not as if we don't deal with terrible random guys who get lots of airtime on HNIC all the time. Damien Cox was there how long?

Yeah **** Damien Cox too.

Reactions: VanillaCoke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad