Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
full NMC

Can't say they don't go all in, but man have they ever splurged

realllly hope blake isn't thinking about Patches. Maybe Nate Schmidt

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
So what should our price be for taking Fleury off their hands? I assume we could turn around and trade him with 50% retained with little to nothing extra thrown in. Thoughts?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
full NMC

Can't say they don't go all in, but man have they ever splurged

realllly hope blake isn't thinking about Patches. Maybe Nate Schmidt
Yup, all in and probably ahead in the hand going to the river, but Colorado probably has 10 outs.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
So what should our price be for taking Fleury off their hands? I assume we could turn around and trade him with 50% retained with little to nothing extra thrown in. Thoughts?

No on fleury. the goalie market sucks and he is no longer a starter. Even at 50% retained, a $3.5 million AAV backup is still too much for any team to pay. That's why vegas has had so much trouble unloading him.

As bad as people think Quick played, he still was in 42 games with a 2.79 GA and .904.
Fleury was in 49 games with a 2.77 GA and .905. So about the same stats with a much better defense in vegas.

Reactions: Master Yoda

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
No on fleury. the goalie market sucks and he is no longer a starter. Even at 50% retained, a $3.5 million AAV backup is still too much for any team to pay. That's why vegas has had so much trouble unloading him.

As bad as people think Quick played, he still was in 42 games with a 2.79 GA and .904.
Fleury was in 49 games with a 2.77 GA and .905. So about the same stats with a much better defense in vegas.

Edit: Nevermind. I posted about a buyout but the deadline has passed.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Outside of having Quick and Petersen, I don't see any reason why Blake shouldn't consider taking Fleury's contract on, if as I said earlier the picks coming from Vegas are in 2024 instead of 2021.

I would even consider moving Quick if that's what had to be done to improve the roster. Think of it this way: If Byfield hits his ceiling in a few years, and the Kings are picking in the top 10 overall with Vegas' pick in 2024 things are looking pretty good for an extended run.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
MAF gonna be almost impossible to move now, not many takers left. Knights played hardball and it blew up on them. I think maybe Schmidt didn't go to FLA because word leaked out and other GM's got wind of it.

Nice pickup by the Isles getting Corey Schneider, 1 yr 700 K . Nice to see him on a winning team.

GUstaffsson, don't like this signing by FLetcher, another defensemen who is weak defensively, already made the mistake of giving Braun 2 more years, now this. FLetcher and AV can't help themselves.

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
Why should we be the one to take Fleury's contract or anyone else on that roster at all? Why should we help a division rival with their cap issues that they set themselves into? They got to give us a pretty damn huge haul to take that cap hit and I mean pretty damn huge given all the leverage that the Golden Knights does not have.

Otherwise, we just have to stay the course and stand pat like we are doing in the first few days of free agency.

Reactions: tbrown33

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Trading Schmidt alone doesn't get it done. Vegas would still be $1 million over with only 21 players.

Fleury alone with no retention doesn't do it either. Vegas would be down to 1 G so he would have to be replaced. they'd be over by $1 million or so with only 22 players.

either situation, someone else would have to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad