Around the League playoff edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Yeah. Hall at 8 for a year. I think this should signal to those are hoping to NOT to expect, at all, to make the playoffs next season.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Shoot, dude. $8 million for Hall for only a year? I wonder if we could have thrown our hat in there. We still have some space. The deal for Buffalo is fine. It's like if he's playing good and putting a fair amount of top-tier points, but the team sucks, just trade him at the delay for some picks to a contender (may still need to retain salary though).

I wonder where Toffoli is going though and I hope it's not leaning towards him signing back to LA. Nothing wrong with him, of course, but the moves we made, the last few seasons, indicates us having to be strong, mentally, about moving forward away from the cup-winning core we had. Otherwise, we end up in a situation like the Blackhawks are having right now. Full of pretty disgruntled guys that do not know what direction their team is going in. At least, for us, we know now we are in rebuilding mode. Just took a longer while to realize it.

At least he gets to rid shotgun with Eichel and Dahlin in Buffalo.

And I would guess the Kings are done with their offseason moves. A forward, a defenseman, some depth for Ontario.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Wouldn't have guessed Buffalo in a million years. Hall is like (prime) Kovalchuk, talented but difficult to play with. Like not necessarily in a bad/selfish way, just his hockey IQ is a tier below the top guys in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Hall seems like more of a up and down winger. Probably a good fit for Kopitar, unlike Kovalchuk. More like a Gaborik, just younger. He'd have to be willing to pay the price to get to front of the net though, like Gaborik did for a little while.

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
Arizona couldn’t have offered this same deal?

Well, without making some moves on the roster. Not really. On top of that, they don't have next season's 1st or 3rd round picks.

QKMoilB.png

Nodoughtyboutit

May 14, 2010
This might blow up in their face. If this is another nonplayoff year after all the moves and if they trade Hall or he walks, it very well could be the last straw for Eichel.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
So mad about Cernak and Kubalik.

Can you imagine those players on the roster now?

Cernak, yes. Kubalik, no. The guy was a 7th round prima donna who didn't want to play in the minors. Do you really think he's skating next to Kopitar in year 1? :laugh: No way he's getting those minutes in LA. The Kings used that 5th they got for him [plus another] to move up and draft Samuel Fagemo.

Reactions: ru4reals

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Hall to Buffalo 1yr/8M is a bizarre signing.

I guess that means there wasn't many options out there for him. Teams must be cash strapped right now.

I wonder what kind of offers Pietrangelo is getting.

Yeah, it's tough market for the big ticket guys looking to get paid. I think Krug is the only one so far. I honestly don't think any team will make a profit this year.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
This might blow up in their face. If this is another nonplayoff year after all the moves and if they trade Hall or he walks, it very well could be the last straw for Eichel.

So basically you're saying unless he scores ~70 points (assume an 82 game season) and signs a long-term deal, it's a failure, yea probably.

Nodoughtyboutit

May 14, 2010
So basically you're saying unless he scores ~70 points (assume an 82 game season) and signs a long-term deal, it's a failure, yea probably.

I meant more about Eichel staying in Buffalo. If they miss the playoffs and lose Hall. It might be the final straw.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hall to the sabres? I did not see that one coming.

I didn't either, and it was a bit of surprise to everyone. Turns out despite he other offers he had, he loved playing for Krueger and Krueger reached out to him over the last few days. It's only 1 year, and I think he's hoping that the CAP situation will change and perhaps a team that wanted him and couldn't afford him now, will be avaiable.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
NHL radio was discussing possible offer sheets to the 2nd tier guys like Vince Dunn, Denis Gurianov, Ryan Pulock, and Devon Toews were the guys mentioned. It would be nice to see and created a buzz...

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
You guys remember who gave Tyler Toffoli his first major injury in the NHL? Why none other than his new teammate, Josh Anderson, who pasted Toffoli along the boards that caused a shoulder injury. I feel like after taking that hit, he became an extremely timid player.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
We struck out in terms of improving our picks or getting an extra pick on our deadline trades. Clifford/Campbell, Forbort and now Toffoli. Not shocking, but unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad