Around the League playoff edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Man, Palat is getting fat making a living in the 3-foot radius around the Boston net.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hedman is so superior to Doughty now it makes me sad. Hedman is what a 1D in the NHL looks like these days.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Nick Ritchie is a dumbass.
that hit looks terrible in slow motion but it's not late by any means in real time

gourde shouldn't be admiring his pass with a huge sack of meat bearing down on him, especially right after coburn winged his knee out at krejci at the blue line and they're looking for retaliation

soft ass league, no penalty til they see a guy on the ice

Reactions: KingsFan7824

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
that hit looks terrible in slow motion but it's not late by any means in real time

gourde shouldn't be admiring his pass with a huge sack of meat bearing down on him, especially right after coburn winged his knee out at krejci at the blue line and they're looking for retaliation

soft ass league, no penalty til they see a guy on the ice

When I typed that, it was in response to his stupidity for dropping the gloves to jump Pacquette when he delivered a similar, clean hit that was not penalized. That took place before Ritchie was assessed a major, and he followed it up later with a reckless check that put his team at a disadvantage.

Regardless, he’s still a dumbass. Even Bruins fans can’t stand his stupidity. The Ducks sure wasted a top 10 pick on a player with no brains.

Reactions: tny760

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Flyers fans and media thought he was as good as Crosby at one point, but he hasn’t had a deep playoff run since 2010 and his last post season with respectable numbers was 2012.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i mean he's consistently inconsistent right? still feel like he's one of the best players on the ice at any given moment

looks like he's taking substantially more d-zone starts this season and his corsi is still remaining high so i can't help but feel like this is just a "true" slump

i doubt he's throwing out a 100pt season again but i think he's got years left of top/2nd line play

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Flyers fans and media thought he was as good as Crosby at one point, but he hasn’t had a deep playoff run since 2010 and his last post season with respectable numbers was 2012.

Because he's not a playoff performer, not a money player. FOr all the gaudy stats he put up for years in the regular season, in the playoffs he shrinks. He just doens't have it in him to lead. Not just the lack of goals thru the last 31 playoff games, but lack of impact shifts. If you didn't see 28 skate by in a camara angle , you wouldnt know he wsa there. He's been on the side a the playoff milk carton since the Devils series in 2012. Every year, same thing, and also gets away post season with a light slap from media. Too many fans keep 'G' wrapped in cotton. He's just not a leader. NOt when it counts.

Richards was only 25 when he wore that C for the last time and put 50 points in 60 playoff games as a Flyer and was the leader, with playoff fangs second to none. And despite that, was crucified by the meda and driven out of town on a rail.

As long as Giroux and Voracek remain on the team, they will fail in the post season, like they have for the last 8 years. Couturier is the heart and soul of the team and once that baton is passed, and AV is replaced, those prospects that Hexy drafted, will continue to come up thru the pipeline and this team will be a contender.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
i mean he's consistently inconsistent right? still feel like he's one of the best players on the ice at any given moment

looks like he's taking substantially more d-zone starts this season and his corsi is still remaining high so i can't help but feel like this is just a "true" slump

i doubt he's throwing out a 100pt season again but i think he's got years left of top/2nd line play

Zone starts are due to playing wing on Couturiers line , as is corsi. And a 'slump' doesn't last for over 30 games, for over 6 years

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
funny to watch NHLers with the same beer league self-preservation skills as me...Hughes makes a clean pass to Tyler Toffoli wide open in the slot, and as Hughes skates behind the net, he ducks under the crossbar so he doesn't get pasted if the shooter misses :laugh:

TT sniped though, fortunately.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale

I know I'm a day late, but it still cracks me up that the Penguins allowed the same amount of goals in 1 series than the Kings did in the entire Cup run. That Kings defense and Quick were just choking teams to death. And the Penguins defense by all their players and MAF was horrendous.

Reactions: Stimpythecat

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hate to say it, but I don’t think any team in the West will be able to beat the Golden Knights, and the only ones in the East who might really challenge them are the Lightning and Islanders (if they can stifle and frustrate their offense).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad