Around the League playoff edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Smaller cap hit than the contract that just expired. That's probably Covid in action. It's been a while since I saw a relatively major UFA name, and one of the younger ones, sign for a smaller cap number.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
That AAV is a pretty good deal for Montreal, and the 4 years is good for Toffoli under these circumstances. I think he was complacent towards the end of his time with the Kings, the change of scenery might be what he needs to get going again. He looked decent in Vancouver.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think that’s a good deal for Toffoli. Montreal will likely get two good years and two mediocre years out of him. Pretty surprised Vancouver couldn’t beat that though. They gave up an awful lot for fewer than 20 games of Toffoli.

Tyler Madden and Brock Faber* for 17 games of Toffoli.

(* Technically Neiderbach was taken at 51)

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Toffoli really gelled with that young Vancouver team.

Small sample size but...

10 Games
6 Goals
4 Assists
+3

Benning should have made that worked. That cap hit is def. manageable.

If they have an internal cap and or need to spend the rest on D, then that was a steep price to pay for a post season run for a young club. I don't think they should have made that move in the first place then.

But hey, thanks for Tyler Madden and a 2nd, Vancouver. :thumbu:

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
So all the talk of Stutzle being more NHL ready turns out to not matter because he can't play in the NHL

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Obivously, I wish Tyler nothing but the best, but I am glad that the page has been turned. That was an amazing trade for us in the end. I am very surprised that Vancouver could not offer him the same or more. He was pretty happy with the city and the team there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad