Around the League playoff edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Female knights fans have lost their schmidt.

1d22157b2b2c1e904e6368dd6a9264bb.jpg

Reactions: fivehole32

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Obivously, I wish Tyler nothing but the best, but I am glad that the page has been turned. That was an amazing trade for us in the end. I am very surprised that Vancouver could not offer him the same or more. He was pretty happy with the city and the team there.
Too early for that statement, eh? I mean, as of right now, Toffoli played 17 more games for the Canucks than Madden and Faber have for the Kings.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
GMGM giveth, GMGM taketh away.

Seriously, though, what a total mismanagement of cap and roster. Pietrangelo is obviously an upgrade to Schmidt, but Vegas didn’t need to replace Schmidt in the first place. They needed to ADD to Schmidt. Meanwhile they have like $10 million AAV sitting on their goal line.

Big yikes from me fam

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
5 Years left on a 6 million deal on a 29 year old defenseman who was probably propped up by the system he was in. Don't think the Kings want to commit that many years left on a defenseman right now.

Eesh. Didn't know he had 5 YEARS LEFT on that deal.

We're not playing in that ballgame right now where we are at in our rebuild.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Vegas is managing their team like a favorite to win , but still need a couple of good centers to do so. They're a victim of their own success , now capped out , and nowhere to hide their problems. Pissing off the locker room with the trade of Schmidt just to add an older , more expensive player didn't help.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Main board and Leafs fan are saying Clifford's a dummy for taking 2 years at 1 mil per when the Leafs supposedly offered 3 years at 1 mil per. They're saying he/his agent overplayed their hands by testing free agency. Of course no one wants to consider one possibility.......Kyle didn't want to play for Toronto lol.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Main board and Leafs fan are saying Clifford's a dummy for taking 2 years at 1 mil per when the Leafs supposedly offered 3 years at 1 mil per. They're saying he/his agent overplayed their hands by testing free agency. Of course no one wants to consider one possibility.......Kyle didn't want to play for Toronto lol.

I wouldn't blame him. Everyone is different but if I were a pro athlete I wouldn't want to play for the Leafs, Cowboys, Lakers, Yankees etc.

Reactions: ru4reals

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Vegas is managing their team like a favorite to win , but still need a couple of good centers to do so. They're a victim of their own success , now capped out , and nowhere to hide their problems. Pissing off the locker room with the trade of Schmidt just to add an older , more expensive player didn't help.

Over the last 3 years, the 2nd most playoff games(47), 2nd most playoff wins(28), most regulation wins in the playoffs(24), the 4th best GF of teams that have played at least 30 games, the 2nd best GA of teams that have played at least 30 games. Vegas may not be perfect, but this is what they've got. This is their window. Of course they're a favorite. How could they not be? There aren't many teams that have done better than them since 17-18.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Brian Burke said this stuff happens all the time even though it's technically illegal.

true that, but normally at this time of year we are 2 weeks into the season and have meaningful kings games to discuss. We need to talk about something hockey related. :nod:

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Can someone TLDR?

tl;dr
not uncommon for tampering charges to get filed every so often. most recent was the isles over tavares. It's a rumor. No real details about specifically why.

Vegas was the frontrunner from the moment FA started. 1st choice. Speculation that Columbus may have been interested. But no opportunity to act.

Friedman heard there are upset players and agents in vegas. Marty, Schmidt, fleury, patches, etc. Vegas is starting to get a rep about being cold and trading players a couple years into contracts. May have future repercussions - NTC demands and fewer below market deals.

friedman is a scotch guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad