GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part VII

Who takes it all tomorrow?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Have to say if that was on the Oilers, Talbot might be down 2-0 now. Schwartz side.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I have never seen the likes of a goalie who allows as many goals within the first few shots of a game with such frequency as Talbot.

It's just bizarre.

It's very odd. I honestly thought Talbot was doing it intentionally. That he had some beef with Edmonton. Then I watched him do it over and over in Philly as well. Now with Calgary in multitudes already. It's insane.

He must have ptsd. Temporary blackouts. Or just no ability to focus at the start of games and periods.

As bad as the Oilers NHL scouting services are Calgary must be even worse. There was literally no indication Talbot would ever be a NHL caliber goalie again.

Not to mention Lucic...

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It's very odd. I honestly thought Talbot was doing it intentionally. That he had some beef with Edmonton. Then I watched him do it over and over in Philly as well. Now with Calgary in multitudes already. It's insane.

He must have ptsd. Temporary blackouts. Or just no ability to focus at the start of games and periods.

As bad as the Oilers NHL scouting services are Calgary must be even worse. There was literally no indication Talbot would ever be a NHL caliber goalie again.

Not to mention Lucic...

I think it has to be 95% a mental thing. Like he psychs himself out and tries too hard to not allow a goal within the first few shots but overthinks things, which leads to over complicating the save. The other 5%, well who the hell knows.

On a side note, I had no idea Stollarz signed with the Ducks.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Talbot reminded me of Roloson in that one hot year and the playoffs. It all just fell apart. It's just preseason but it looks that way.

Even though he is a Flame I still kind of hope that he can be good enough to stick around. He is a good guy.

Reactions: BlackDogg

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Man is it hilarious watching Flames fans go out of there way to say Talbot looked competent lol

THANK GOD they signed him.

besides them blowing their load too quick last year, Choking on it, they only have to go down. He is going to help them do that :)

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Details of the incident
They thought it was ‘funny’ to accost a lady sitting in a car alone? Ridiculous behaviour from a guy who obviously has a lot of growing up to do. Says a lot about the sort of dbags he hangs around with when he’s back home too. Shameful incident that isn’t getting near enough publicity.

In other news ... Ebs is looking good in preseason action. 4 goals and five points in four games. Chiarelli you useless sack of shit.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
They thought it was ‘funny’ to accost a lady sitting in a car alone? Ridiculous behaviour from a guy who obviously has a lot of growing up to do. Says a lot about the sort of dbags he hangs around with when he’s back home too. Shameful incident that isn’t getting near enough publicity.

In other news ... Ebs is looking good in preseason action. 4 goals and five points in four games. Chiarelli you useless sack of ****.
We can’t afford to be paying 5m+ for a 40 point player anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad