GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part VII

Who takes it all tomorrow?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It's been hilarious watching a good portion of the TO Media doing handstands trying to play out how those contracts aren't going to be an albatross for the Leafs.

While the rest of them have been losing their minds watching Boston and Tampa sign their RFAs to sweetheart deals.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The Toronto media is responsible for the hype of these players. Dumbass caved into the agents demands over the hype.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Dreger on 1260 saying the Leafs made their decision on who will be the next captain "weeks ago" and this news about Matthews was basically irrelevant as the choice was made.

Sure, Darren.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dat Tkachuk qualifying offer in a few years though lol
What about it? I really don't see this as a bad contract.

Really don't see at any point him not being worth 7mil. I also don't see it being a steal for the Flames either. What it seems to be is a guy getting paid what he is worth.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The Toronto media is responsible for the hype of these players. Dumbass caved into the agents demands over the hype.
Dumbass went and signed Tavares before any of his young players were locked in.

Players and agents are starting to not care about what deal was a UFA deal, what was a 2nd year contract etc... They want to be paid properly.

Media is really complaining about guys getting paid right out of ELC. Well I sure as hell like that better than a 28 year old getting a 5-7 year deal and then 2 years later they suck. Now I'm not saying every guy out of ELC should get paid, but if the guy has proven to be a top line player for you why not?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
The disorderly conduct charges against Auston Matthews are no laughing matter

According to an incident report filed on May 26 in Matthews’ hometown of Scottsdale, Arizona, a female security guard complained that Matthews and a group of his friends tried to get into her vehicle at 2am while she was sitting inside. When the officer got out of her car to confront them, Matthews said he was trying to be funny and wanted to see what she would do. As his friends tried to diffuse the situation, Matthews then apparently walked away, pulled down his pants and mooned her, though he kept his boxers on.

giphy.gif

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
What about it? I really don't see this as a bad contract.

Really don't see at any point him not being worth 7mil. I also don't see it being a steal for the Flames either. What it seems to be is a guy getting paid what he is worth.
What's his qualifying offer once it is up? like 9-10 million? With the way it is structured.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Good luck to the Flower this week wrt his quadruple bypass surgery. Perhaps the most entertaining hockey player to have ever laced them up. Get well soon.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Quinn Hughes goes minus two and looks like he’s half the size as everyone else.

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it I don’t get the hype around this guy because he’s so tiny.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The more concerning part for me on Matthews, is how much taxpayers money was wasted over the past 4 months?

Not that a 22 year old kid did something stupid.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Arizona is all over Van play wise. Those guys are always in the right positions when you watch them play no matter who they plug in.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Maybe 'boring and respectful McDavid' isn't so bad afterall... when you compare him to Bareass Matthews and Show Me Your **** Hughes

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->