Who takes it all tomorrow?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Not sure what is annoying me more

The pro Lucic or the pro Rieder articles being spun right now

Get ready for alot of pro Reider talk. Guy lead the whole league in difference between expected goals and actual goals (zero). He was inevitably going to put up 10-15 this year in a big "bounc back" year wherever he went. He was extremely unlucky last season, and with no goals- fans get irrationally frustrated at said player. He was an ok bottom 6 guy even with zero goals

Reactions: Aerchon

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Get ready for alot of pro Reider talk. Guy lead the whole league in difference between expected goals and actual goals (zero). He was inevitably going to put up 10-15 this year in a big "bounc back" year wherever he went. He was extremely unlucky last season, and with no goals- fans get irrationally frustrated at said player. He was an ok bottom 6 guy even with zero goals

Shocking that you and Aerchon take a contrarian position on this.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Okay, what exactly did he do for us when he wasn’t scoring?

He really wasn’t much of anything for us.

Reactions: frag2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Okay, what exactly did he do for us when he wasn’t scoring?

He really wasn’t much of anything for us.

Low GA player, good on pk, got to pucks with speed, good pursuit and positioning all areas of the ice.

just saying, the poster Isn't wrong.

Rieder didn't score goals, but added at least some assists and at some point before injury had the 5th most pts on the team. (which I know is saying how deplorably lacking in production depth the team was.)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's not a great deal for the Jets ... bridge deals have consequences, in 2 years if Laine bounces back, he's likely asking for 12+.

Guys who you bridge or undercut in contract talks ... they're gonna expect to get PAID the next time around.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
It's not a great deal for the Jets ... bridge deals have consequences, in 2 years if Laine bounces back, he's likely asking for 12+.

Guys who you bridge or undercut in contract talks ... they're gonna expect to get PAID the next time around.

to justify 12+, Laine needs to score around 50goals in both seasons. It's the definition of a show me contract. Show me you're consistently top elite scorer you've shown flashes of, then we'll back the brinks truck onto your front lawn.............and pay for the repairing the damages to your lawn left behind my the brinks truck

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
to justify 12+, Laine needs to score around 50goals in both seasons. It's the definition of a show me contract. Show me you're consistently top elite scorer you've shown flashes of, then we'll back the brinks truck onto your front lawn.............and pay for the repairing the damages to your lawn left behind my the brinks truck

In 2 years, 40+ goals is going to net you 12+. There's not many players in the league that get that and cap inflation is a thing. That's the risk you take when you sign bridge deals.

Player's aren't stupid, they are only signing these bridges because they know they probably stand to make more money in the long term.

If he has say 44 goals + 75 points in two years lets say and the cap rises $1.5 mill/year ... he's definitely gonna be in that range of money.

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
Laine is a strange player though. Very inconsistent. I think the team was unwilling to do big years and big dollars. They need more information on him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The thing is imagine the Oilers did that with Draisaitl and only signed him to 2 year bridge ... they'd be paying $11 million to get him under contract most likely this summer. That's a risk.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The Flyers lost to HC Lausanne haha.

Hart listened to Schwartz too much in the offseason and let in 4 goals on 12 shots before getting pulled.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Flyers lost to HC Lausanne haha.

Hart listened to Schwartz too much in the offseason and let in 4 goals on 12 shots before getting pulled.
1st goal: over his left shoulder after a bad rebound
2nd goal: over his blocker
3rd goal: slapper over his right shoulder
4th goal: between his right arm and body

Haha, holy shit. You weren't kidding.

Reactions: snipes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad