GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part V

Which team are you cheering against now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pretty ridiculous that something like that can even get challenged and overturned. Yet the outrageous call that unreservedly put the Sharks in this round can't. What an embarrassment.

pretty odd take. Landeskog has both skates on ice, in zone, and AV's have 6 skaters on the ice as well. How was it not even called offside in real time? Only because the officials were sleeping.

You're complaining because there was a challenge and they actually got the call right? Shame on Landeskog.

That said I agree the major penalty that allowed the Sharks to tie the game in first round game 7 was embarrassing.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Just saw that Landeskog play. hilarious. It actually looks like he makes the motion to jump over the boards, but changes his mind and spends the next 5 seconds fiddling with the door.

THe coaches challenge was all worth it for that play. Too funny.
I thought he was taking a leak and had some paruresis.

Reactions: oobga

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
pretty odd take. Landeskog has both skates on ice, in zone, and AV's have 6 skaters on the ice as well. How was it not even called offside in real time? Only because the officials were sleeping.

You're complaining because there was a challenge and they actually got the call right? Shame on Landeskog.

I was listening on the radio and just saw the replay. Looked like he had one foot on the blue line the whole time.

But regardless, it would have been nice if maybe the Sharks had the tact and humility to not go fishing for a call and get a goal wiped out on a technicality. Normally I'd say, all the power to them. But considering they have absolutely no business at all even participating in this series, maybe they should consider themselves lucky as it is and not push it. Wishful thinking of course, all 31 coaches would challenge in that situation. But seeing this team now in the third round of the playoffs only compounds the complete embarrassment of last round's game 7 debacle.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I was listening on the radio and just saw the replay. Looked like he had one foot on the blue line the whole time.

But regardless, it would have been nice if maybe the Sharks had the tact and humility to not go fishing for a call and get a goal wiped out on a technicality. Normally I'd say, all the power to them. But considering they have absolutely no business at all even participating in this series, maybe they should consider themselves lucky as it is and not push it. Wishful thinking of course, all 31 coaches would challenge in that situation. But seeing this team now in the third round of the playoffs only compounds the complete embarrassment of last round's game 7 debacle.

So a team in a game 7 at home ice is going to throw away an obvious challenge, that will 100% rule in their favor because you think its a technicality. Sorry, but you are way off on this one. I saw the offside in realtime. How did the officials not spot it?

I agree with the bolded.

It wasn't a goal, it was offside, clearly. No real controversy here. AV's sure don't deserve to still be in the game either.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Someone here was saying stuff about Kerfoot, apparently the 2nd Avs goal, Kerfoot did something there to make it s 3-2 game.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Touching the blue line doesn't help him much because he was inside the zone to start. Linesman was really napping on that play.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
The one replay the panel showed Landeskog appeared to have a foot on the blue line with the puck outside the zone? But I didn't see it in real time, maybe it was obvious from a different angle.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
The one replay the panel showed Landeskog appeared to have a foot on the blue line with the puck outside the zone? But I didn't see it in real time, maybe it was obvious from a different angle.
They showed a good angle during the intermission. It was cloase...and its a dumb rule, but it was the right call according to the stupid rule.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

He had to tag up by going beyond the blue line if he wanted to lollygag like that and play with the door latch. He's offside until he touches the neutral zone, or actually gets his butt onto the bench. He should really know better and be more aware. The linesman as well.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
They showed a good angle during the intermission. It was cloase...and its a dumb rule, but it was the right call according to the stupid rule.
Against a sj team I think inconclusive is good as conclusive.

Reactions: TB12

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Did I just see Mike Ricci on the PB shaking hands with Wilson? Ok, now that bum is there, I got something to cheer against. Also all this crap about winning it for Thornton, I hope he's done next round.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
He had to tag up by going beyond the blue line if he wanted to lollygag like that and play with the door latch. He's offside until he touches the neutral zone, or actually gets his butt onto the bench. He should really know better and be more aware. The linesman as well.

Did they change the tag-up rules at some point? I could have sworn you only need to touch the blue line to be back on side, not reach the neutral zone.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Did they change the tag-up rules at some point? I could have sworn you only need to touch the blue line to be back on side, not reach the neutral zone.

Pretty sure it has always been that way. The blue line is part of the zone you are currently in, and you need to cross it completely to change zones. Same rule as with the puck. It's not in the zone until it crosses, and it's not out of the zone unless it crosses back completely the other way.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Pretty sure it has always been that way. The blue line is part of the zone you are currently in, and you need to cross it completely to change zones. Same rule as with the puck. It's not in the zone until it crosses, and it's not out of the zone unless it crosses back completely the other way.
Then how come all offside challenges use the inside of the blue line?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'll expect some crow eating from the fans here GUARANTEEING an AV's win.

That didn't happen.

Despite the AV's getting the best goaltending in a series you're gonna see. Completely wasted.

The AV's are a young team that won't know this but Grubauer was being 1993 level Patrick Roy. They'll likely never be supported with better goaltending. Game should have been over a lot earlier, but for Grubauer.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'll expect some crow eating from the fans here GUARANTEEING an AV's win.

That didn't happen.

Despite the AV's getting the best goaltending in a series you're gonna see. Completely wasted.

The AV's are a young team that won't know this but Grubauer was being 1993 level Patrick Roy. They'll likely never be supported with better goaltending. Game should have been over a lot earlier, but for Grubauer.
Pretty bold statement coming from someone who disappears when proven wrong or makes a wrong guess.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

Ok interesting, it was called the way I described when I played youth hockey, I always just assumed it was the same at all levels. Can't believe it never came up in an NHL game I was watching until now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad