GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hamilton is one of the reasons Carolina even has a shot in this series. 6 points in 6 games and +4.

The guys they got in return for Hamilton were clowns in the Flames 1st round series.
Definitely a trade that is a win win imo

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
So let's go back to last night's incident.

What do you think the proper call by an off ice official should have been (without the knowledge that the Vegas PK was going to collapse like a wet noodle)?

No penalty at all (playoff hockey and all)?

2 to Eakins for the crosscheck?

2 to Eakins and 2 to Statstny (interference)?

2 to Eakins and a double minor to Stastny?

Or 2 to Eakins and 5 to Stastny?

Or just 2, a double or 5 to Stastny?

Anyone arguing any of those (aside from no penalty at all) would have a valid argument.

And any off ice official using common sense could come to any of the above conclusions.

I think an eye in the sky very likely says it wasn't much of a penalty, but suggests to give him 2 minutes just to cover his ass. I don't think there's any valid argument for any scenario that involves a major penalty being assessed. That's why there's so much outrage over this call. There are weak calls, and then there are calls that are just plain incorrect. This was the latter.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I think an eye in the sky very likely says it wasn't much of a penalty, but suggests to give him 2 minutes just to cover his ass. I don't think there's any valid argument for any scenario that involves a major penalty being assessed. That's why there's so much outrage over this call. There are weak calls, and then there are calls that are just plain incorrect. This was the latter.

I had no dog in that fight so pretty impartial. But imagine if that was McDavid on the ice, bleeding out of his skull, looking all lifeless, every single one of us would be asking for 5min major and a 20 game suspension plus public execution. Now if it was Drai and Kassian or something in that play and Drai got the 5min major we'd be screaming at that too, especially after 16-17 playoff bs. All I'm saying is, put yourself in their shoes and there really is no right call, but one had to be made.

North

Jun 25, 2009
So Babcock is winless his last 9 playoff series. Last win 2013

Why do people talk about this guy like he is God to coaching? He was on a stacked team..

They're comparing him to Ron Wilson and Randy Carlyle. They have no idea what a good coach looks like.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Definitely a trade that is a win win imo

Yeah, can't take away that those guys helped the flames win the conference and set up such an epic and memorable collapse :) Hopefully next year it tilts more in Carolina's favour though. Let's have Dougie with a 60 point season, Hanafin can do something like 25, and Lindholm can go back to his 40 point self.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Pierre has really lost his touch. Watching a replay of Justin Williams going into the caps bench to get his stick back. Pierre has nothing interesting to say except for some boring rambling about jousting.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Oh man its on now. Noooot the greatest goal for Holtby to give up - after seeing a replay holy moly was he ever out of position on that Staal shot.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Wow McGinn that was close! Twice now the Caps have been near the goal line, seems just like a matter of time. Interesting timeout by Rod the Bod here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad