GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
Hello OilHF from a Blues Fan heard you guys were giving it to the Flames and I had to come see for myself. The HVAC comment had me rolling :laugh: This is why the Oilers are my second favorite team behind my Blues. Maybe you guys can have Parayko for Mcdavid or Leon :D

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
916BA876-AFC1-4BDF-8B9B-4140710788D8.jpeg
Let’s keep this on the front page of the new thread shall we ( credit to @Soundwave )

And in closing thanks Flames fans for the new avatar. That’s as close as your gonna get.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ahhhh the Calgary Flames board, the gift that keeps on giving....

“Playoff experience isn't measured by the game, it's measured by each heartbreak. Flames got some valuable experience this year for sure.”

Flames are one of the most experienced teams in the league then. :laugh:

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007

“Playoff experience isn't measured by the game, it's measured by each heartbreak. Flames got some valuable experience this year for sure.”

Experience is great and all, but their captain has played in 3 playoff series' and still only won one game. I'm really doubting that the experience from the first two series sweeps helped him out here against the Avs haha

Edit: Now maybe they could say it was a valuable experience if they had reached the third round and lost in a game 7. But you're not gaining anything from getting mopped up and down the ice for 4 games in a row, this series would have been a massacre if Smith wasn't standing on his head

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
For all the trash the Flames fans love to spew about the Oilers, I love this stat:

The Flames have played in four rounds of playoff hockey since 2014-15, the Oilers have played two. The Oilers have seven wins, the Flames have six.

Seeing them choke their way to another listless, lethargic first round exit is so satisfying. Hopefully their HF fanbase matures a little bit and finds some humility for all the times they came to our board to start shit or "like" posts.

Who am I kidding. They won't.

As I said a couple weeks back, this Flames team reminded me alot of the 2012 Canucks and Colorado is a way better team than people gave them credit for. I'm really not surprised it was a short series for the Avs.

Watching the Flames choke out of another fast, first round exit be like:

giphy.gif

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I'm going to give Bennett some credit here, I thought that he was one of the few Calgary forwards who came to play during the series and he is willing to go into some of the tough areas.

He's not a gifted talent but is more of a playoff performer than some of these other guys who all looked like the finalists in the Lady Byng dance contest. He wouldn't be a bad second or third line player for the Oilers if the price tag was right.

Well, the Flames now have the same problem as the Oilers with regards to the immediate future. They don't have much cap space or room to breath and they have 2 huge contracts (Neal and Backlund) which are going to eat up approx. 12M dollars a year for at least 4 years without much return in the way of scoring firepower.

Bad decisions are a killer and you can't really buy your way out of these messes. I say again that the league needs some sort of remedy to save NHL general managers from themselves.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Gaudreau and Kucherov very much alike in their invisibility when it counts. They are a tier below the best.

Reactions: TB12

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
For all the trash the Flames fans love to spew about the Oilers, I love this stat:

The Flames have played in four rounds of playoff hockey since 2014-15, the Oilers have played two. The Oilers have seven wins, the Flames have six.
another beauty stat:
Flames haven't beaten a non-Canuck team in the 1st round since 1987-88...31 years ago LMAO

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Johnny also needs to check his emotions. He’s their best player and when he hangs his head on the bench and cries to the reffs it doesn’t inspire confidence. Most great players get angry at missing opportunities and push even harder to get it back.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monohan are not good in big games.
useless.
You will never win a thing with those 2 as your top pair.
When playoffs come they turn into regular season Toby Reider.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monohan are not good in big games.
useless.
You will never win a thing with those 2 as your top pair.
When playoffs come they turn into regular season Toby Reider.

Toby is probably a better skater.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

The most experienced team on choking in the playoffs. Amirite? :naughty:

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad