GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Gerard Gallant in full whine mode. Refs cost them the series? I’d say his PK hitting the ****ter for 5 mins cost them the series. Or maybe his lack of calling a time out in he middle of a full on Shark assault cost them the series. Or maybe his team folding under 5 minutes of adversity cost them the series.

Teams overcome adversity to win. His didn’t. He is partly to blame.
Also they were up 3-1 in the series... shouldn't have let it get to this point.

Also had 18 minutes of OT where they didn't score the winner

Reactions: Oilhawks

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
That doesn’t count because uh ... duh ... doh ... mumble ... it’s different and kinda funny when it’s someone else getting ****ed over. :dunce:

Anybody blaming the Knights forfeits the right to complain whenever the officials let somebody use McDavid as a dog sled. He should just overcome that adversity.

Too much to ask that the officials in this league become... at least competent.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Pretty sure that Eakin goal was over the bar. Quite a swing of luck for him in this game. From gift goal to a needless crosscheck turning into a catastrophe

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
People don't actually want Babcock, do they? Especially after tonight.

Lucic would be on the first line and they'd play like 15 minutes a game.

Reactions: North
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Pretty sure that Eakin goal was over the bar. Quite a swing of luck for him in this game. From gift goal to a needless crosscheck turning into a catastrophe
I was shocked at how little time they took reviewing it, I was watching the game on NBC and there didn't seem to be a conclusive angle. Eakin should have came out of that with a 2 minute minor, I can't even imagine what he was thinking watching that unfold from the dressing room.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
This is the NHL trying to figure out which California/Nevada team they have to favour.

Two-Buttons.jpg

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
here is Vegas enjoying a 5 min PP for a straight on hit that doesn't even get the head of Eakin

refs give 5 cause Eakin looks kinda hurt. cyclical nature of the game lol

That phrase is reserved for explaining why the Oilers suck now but didn't suck at some point in the past.

Reactions: oobga

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It's going to be funny when the Oilers don't and then when the Oilers get screwed by an awful call like this. Anyone that supports the Sharks after tonight is a turd.

Hah! Where were you in the Edm-Anaheim series?

And maybe Vegas should have taken the Sharks down in one of the three games they had to eliminate them or at least try and kill the 5 minute powerplay than allow 4 f***ing goals in 5 minutes. ;)

Turd indeed.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Anybody blaming the Knights forfeits the right to complain whenever the officials let somebody use McDavid as a dog sled. He should just overcome that adversity.

Too much for the Knights to not allow 4 goals in 5 minutes or not to have eliminated the Sharks in 3 games? Give me a break. They choked big time.

Most 5 minute power plays don’t even get 1 scored on them never mind 4.

They had a makeup call in the final minutes on a world class dive by Nate Schmidt as well.

They tied it up. Couldn’t seal the deal.

That ain’t on the refs.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Too much for the Knights to not allow 4 goals in 5 minutes or not to have eliminated the Sharks in 3 games? Give me a break. They choked big time.

Most 5 minute power plays don’t even get 1 scored on them never mind 4.

They had a makeup call in the final minutes on a world class dive by Nate Schmidt as well.

They tied it up. Couldn’t seal the deal.

That ain’t on the refs.
They also had a 3-1 series lead.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
"You can't blame everything on the refs therefore the fact that you can blame the most important thing on the refs is irrelevant."

Dunno why basic causality is so hard for some people.

North

Jun 25, 2009
It's going to be funny when the Oilers don't and then when the Oilers get screwed by an awful call like this. Anyone that supports the Sharks after tonight is a turd.

How is the refs making a bad call the Sharks fault? Don’t care if they get bounced in the second round, just trying to figure out the logic.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005

In case it wasn’t clear, I agree with you completely.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You can both think that call was garbage and that Vegas is mostly responsible for their loss last night.
The Sharks were dead in the water prior to that call. You can’t make that call in that game unless you’re certain. This is part of the reason the NHL is a second tier league and frequently loses to the MLS.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Will it be 4 goals on the same major penalty funny? Or series lead blown funny? Or how about losing in OT with a man advantage funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad