GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019

Lollllll official league statement is basically "yea the refs called a penalty." Really detailed explanation, guys.

Refs made a mistake. You expect them to say "oops, sorry, we made a mistake. Let's replay the game."

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
He's on one of his hot streaks right now. Everything he shoots finds the corners. The last time he did that he put up a 75 point season.
Based on the teams that are remaining at the moment. Nate Mac would be ahead of him. Bennington might get considerations. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
To be fair, Goodrow played less than 7:30 in the game, with Theodore over 27:00, so the fatigue difference probably explains pretty much all of it.

Think Theodore was over a minute into that shift too. Probably running on fumes. Good move by TheBore to send out a fresh guy, and good heads up play by Karlsson to see what was happening.

That said Theodore definitely had time to skate a bit more. I don't think he expected at all that his D partner was going to get beat like that.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm wired right now still not recovered from.that game and soaking up the post game fallout. I have to wake in 4 hours to walk my dog and I don't care to sleep anytime soon.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
upload_2019-4-23_23-54-43.png

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Refs made a mistake. You expect them to say "oops, sorry, we made a mistake. Let's replay the game."

Uhhhh, only the first part. Take accountability for something when you f*** up. If you don't think you f***ed up, do a better job than that of convincing people that you didn't f*** up.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
St. Louis vs Dallas (St. Louis)
San Jose vs Colorado ( San Jose)

St. Louis vs San Jose (St. Louis)

I'm happy the Sharks won today

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Maybe Babcock shakes loose

Probably would be very easy for the Leafs to do. His contract is big, but with the coach salary inflation, Babcock probably makes as much or more for next season voiding his leafs contract.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I'm cheering for the Avs. It would be so cool for them to win the cup and get the 4th overall pick.

(And their fans are nice).

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I'm cheering for the Avs. It would be so cool for them to win the cup and get the 4th overall pick.

(And their fans are nice).
I want the Avs in the conference final but I don't want to listen to MacKinnon > McDavid bullshit. St. Louis is my preference out of the west, just to really put the screws to Toronto

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Matthews just said he’s extremely frustrated. He must be requesting a trade...
I legit thought he’d holdout for that Arizona max offer. Him playing at home with Keller has to be better than the media in Toronto and playing second fiddle to Tavares.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Gerard Gallant in full whine mode. Refs cost them the series? I’d say his PK hitting the shitter for 5 mins cost them the series. Or maybe his lack of calling a time out in he middle of a full on Shark assault cost them the series. Or maybe his team folding under 5 minutes of adversity cost them the series.

Teams overcome adversity to win. His didn’t. He is partly to blame.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Lol, "overcoming adversity." Where was that during those goaltender interference/offside reviews against the Ducks?

Not a fan of either team but my mind is still blown watching the highlights. I can't think of a call anywhere close to as bad.

Reactions: the4thlinegrinder

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

At least it's not the worst call we've all seen in the playoffs. Allowing a full grab of a goalies pad as your team is protecting a lead in the dying moments of a game was worse and more rare. The 5 min major on the nearest guy when someone is on the ground dazed and bleeding is pretty standard in the NHL. Not that there isn't room for improvement. If they are totally unsure of what happened, there should be an option to review. But I know I've seen many times where the refs feel compelled to go for the 5 mins if someone is badly hurt, even if we all see the replay that it wasn't that bad of an infraction.

Being so flustered by the call that you allow 4 goals against though...holy crap. That's legendary stuff :)

Last edited:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Being so flustered by the call that you allow 4 goals against though...holy crap. That's legendary stuff :)

Well that's just it.

The bad penalty call did not award the Sharks 4 goals. The expected rate of scoring 5 minutes worth of powerplay for a great PP (25%) against an average PK (80%) is like 0.8 goals - not friggin' 4.

Had Vegas not completely imploded, it wouldn't have mattered.

Reactions: Debbie Mathers

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Do people actually hate Vegas more than SJ?
Apparently Sharks winning means the Oilers have the inside track on a guy with a one year resume in the NHL. This hockey genius is chomping at the bit to leave a well run organization where he has the opportunity to learn from real NHL executives in order to move to the managerial wasteland that is Edmonton. You’d think people would learn. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Porkleaker

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Well that's just it.

The bad penalty call did not award the Sharks 4 goals. The expected rate of scoring 5 minutes worth of powerplay for a great PP (25%) against an average PK (80%) is like 0.8 goals - not friggin' 4.

Had Vegas not completely imploded, it wouldn't have mattered.

Not to mention Vegas had 3 games to knock out the Sharks.

File this one not under Joke but under Choke.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Lol, "overcoming adversity." Where was that during those goaltender interference/offside reviews against the Ducks?
That doesn’t count because uh ... duh ... doh ... mumble ... it’s different and kinda funny when it’s someone else getting f***ed over. :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad