Around the league - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
That's the interesting thing, though. The Avs have 2 goalie coaches, so to speak. I have a feeling that Roy will do his best to keep from stepping on Francois Allaire's toes, but you'd be foolish to think he wouldn't have some hand in goalie coaching.

well Roy is basically an extension of Allaire and I'm sure he was the one who wanted him brought in so I think frank's toes are safe

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
Florida should just move their cameras to the other side of the ice. That VIP section still looks pathetic (and I don't blame the ticket holders with the unlimited open bar and food).

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
vm8kI.gif

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Brodin out indefinitely with a broken cheekbone. Devastating to Minnesota's defence, which already wasn't very good.

bazaaa*

Raymond 10GP 4G 4A 8P
Grabovski 9GP 4G 3A 7P
Burmistrov 21GP 5G 13A 18P

Tangradi 7GP 0G 1A 1P
Halischuk 7GP 0G 1A 1P
Wright 10GP 0G 0A 1P
Total 0G 2A 2P

Great job Chevy/Noel. Noel for Burmi's depature.
We had a huge hole on the third line that could have easily been filled and Chevy did F A about it.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Raymond 10GP 4G 4A 8P
Grabovski 9GP 4G 3A 7P

Tangradi 7GP 0G 1A 1P
Halischuk 7GP 0G 1A 1P
Wright 10GP 0G 0A 1P
Total 0G 2A 2P

We had a huge hole on the third line that could have easily been filled and Chevy did F A about it.

Jets offered Raymond a contract he said no thanks
Grabovski was too much $$$ (my opinion anyways)
Burmistrov is "lighting up" a much lesser league.

There was limited cap flexability this year to get allot done IMO.

Next year with the cap going up (probably) and allot of the RFA's deals done long term, the jets could (should) get something going this next off season.

Patience is a virtue

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah, because comparing players on other teams and just saying "why didn't we sign them our GM sucks" is so logical. There is no way of knowing if they would have signed here if they were even offered contracts.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Crosby's got like 2 points a game this year and we needed a #1 Centre!!

What was Chevy doing, sleeping at the wheel??

Man, what an idiot our GM is. :sarcasm:

bazaaa*

Jets offered Raymond a contract he said no thanks
Grabovski was too much $$$ (my opinion anyways)
Burmistrov is "lighting up" a much lesser league.

There was limited cap flexability this year to get allot done IMO.

Next year with the cap going up (probably) and allot of the RFA's deals done long term, the jets could (should) get something going this next off season.

Patience is a virtue

Grabo for $3M was too much, but LIttle at $4.7 is okay?
Reportedly, from Jet's source, Raymond said no because he wanted more than one year. So that doesn't make sense. or the very least we could have went back after him when it was apparent he wasn't getting multi year deal. His gf/wife is from here, I'm willing to be $1.5M would have changed his mind.

Burmi's numbers probably wouldn't translate, but you're kidding yourself if you think he couldn't do better than what's out there now.

Yeah, because comparing players on other teams and just saying "why didn't we sign them our GM sucks" is so logical. There is no way of knowing if they would have signed here if they were even offered contracts.

Raymond's wife/gf is from here, I'm sure if we outbid Toronto by a bit, he'd be more than happy to come here.

Those were just a few examples, I'm sure there are other players out there that could have been had for cheap and we passed because we were going with our garbage players.

It's laughable anyone tries to defend Chevy for going into the season with a hole in the third line when it could have been filled so easily.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Brodin out indefinitely with a broken cheekbone. Devastating to Minnesota's defence, which already wasn't very good.

If their defence is so terrible why do they lead the league with only allowing 21.2 shots against per game?

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Raymond's wife/gf is from here, I'm sure if we outbid Toronto by a bit, he'd be more than happy to come here.

Those were just a few examples, I'm sure there are other players out there that could have been had for cheap and we passed because we were going with our garbage players.

It's laughable anyone tries to defend Chevy for going into the season with a hole in the third line when it could have been filled so easily.

What's laughable is your gross oversimplification of talent analysis and gross oversimplification of contract negotiation.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Grabo for $3M was too much, but LIttle at $4.7 is okay?
Reportedly, from Jet's source, Raymond said no because he wanted more than one year. So that doesn't make sense. or the very least we could have went back after him when it was apparent he wasn't getting multi year deal. His gf/wife is from here, I'm willing to be $1.5M would have changed his mind.

Burmi's numbers probably wouldn't translate, but you're kidding yourself if you think he couldn't do better than what's out there now.

Do you know they didn't try to go after him again? For all we know they did try. Did it ever occur to you that maybe after Raymond found out that teams weren't willing to give him what he wanted contract wise sought out the team that would give him the most opportunity to maximize his earning potential going into next year when teams have cap space again.

Toronto plays a fast up temple all out offensive system which is taylormade to his game. So instead of potentially settling for a 2 year 1.5 million deal he takes a gamble and potentially sets himself up for the multi year 3 million deal he wanted this past summer. He wouldn't have gotten the same opportunity here with Ladd and Kane ahead of him.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Also, the knock on Raymond is he disappears in the playoffs, and according to Ray Ferraro, "his play away from the puck isn't nearly good enough".

That said, I agree, he would be an upgrade to our current top 9. But to say Chevy missed the boat likely isn't accurate, as its been noted there was interest by TNSE. Takes two to get a deal done.

Chevy does have some work to do with the bottom 6. Assuming Kane-Scheif-Wheeler and Ladd-Little-Seto continue to be our top 6, the only guy I really like in our bottom 6 is Frolik. For me, there's 5 spots that can be upgraded, though I'm ok with Peluso as a 4th liner (and face puncher when needed). Olli at $4.5 mill is such a waste of money. Far greater waste of $ and cap space than Hainsey or Antro ever were, imo, last season.

Imagine if we were getting our money's worth with Olli.

bazaaa*

What's laughable is your gross oversimplification of talent analysis and gross oversimplification of contract negotiation.

You're right, Tangradi, Wright and Halischuk are awesome! Go Jets!!!! Wooo!

ANd you're right about contract negotiations. Raymond signed for $1M. Tough to beat that deal!!!!

bazaaa*

Do you know they didn't try to go after him again? For all we know they did try. Did it ever occur to you that maybe after Raymond found out that teams weren't willing to give him what he wanted contract wise sought out the team that would give him the most opportunity to maximize his earning potential going into next year when teams have cap space again.

Toronto plays a fast up temple all out offensive system which is taylormade to his game. So instead of potentially settling for a 2 year 1.5 million deal he takes a gamble and potentially sets himself up for the multi year 3 million deal he wanted this past summer. He wouldn't have gotten the same opportunity here with Ladd and Kane ahead of him.

He signed for $1M. We didn't try very hard if he signs for $1M. Period. Halischuk, Wright, Tangradi are a joke. Wake up people.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
You're right, Tangradi, Wright and Halischuk are awesome! Go Jets!!!! Wooo!

ANd you're right about contract negotiations. Raymond signed for $1M. Tough to beat that deal!!!!

Not once did I say any of that. I simply said your gross oversimplification was laughable.

You compared point totals from the KHL to ones from the NHL. As if that means anything at all.

You said a player would for sure sign here if the Jets offered him more money cause his wife is from here.

Both those are gross oversimplifications. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

bazaaa*

So, you're saying Burmistrov isn't a better option than Tangradi, Wright, or Halischuk? Or where are you trying to take it now to make a point lol.
And yes, if the Jets gave him 50% more than the Leafs he would probably come here. It was obvious he wasn't getting multi year deal, and he was taking whatever he could get.
And once again, if you can comprehend, that was one example of many upgrades we could have had over the garbage we have now. Pick apart any little piece of this post as you want to try and prove your point, but that's the truth.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
:laugh:
The NHL =/= NHL14

I love that had Raymond signed here and stunk (which is a VERY real posilibility) people would be saying why didn't we sign____.

Just awful logic on display.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Raymond 10GP 4G 4A 8P
Grabovski 9GP 4G 3A 7P

Tangradi 7GP 0G 1A 1P
Halischuk 7GP 0G 1A 1P
Wright 10GP 0G 0A 1P
Total 0G 2A 2P

All things being equal why would Grabo or Raymond want to sign short term deals on a small market team that everyone has picked to miss the playoffs?
They want to showcase their talents in order to get a sweeter deal next year. Winnipeg isn't the place for that. Raymond would have been crazy to take a deal in Winnipeg over Toronto even at 0.5m more. They are playing the long game for contracts.
We you think that Winnipeg had more allure to Grabo than as a Russian to play on a team with Ovi in a Olympic year?

If Grabo signed with the Jets Scheifele would be playing for the Ice Caps this season. No need for five centers. If that had happened people would be *****ing about Marky not being given a chance with the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad