Around the league - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm going to figure this out. Team mates last year were all Vancouver Canucks, so my deduction is that it must have been someone that has spent time in this city as a player. I don't know how old you are, but you make comments that could make it go either way. Your anecdote about meeting someone on line and hooking up tells me that your younger, it makes me think under thirty. However, you make comments about having a serious connection to the Winnipeg Jets, which makes me think that your probably over thirty. I'm 26 and I barely remember anything about the Jets tbh. I'm thinking 28-33 age wise.

A quick look at your profile revealed nothing, except that you joined in '04. Which means nothing.

I also know that you play D, and one of your favorite players is Phil Housley. So I think we're looking for a player of similar age that either came from Winnipeg, or played here as a Manitoba Moose. While its not impossible, I do think its unlikely that you became good buddies with someone playing professional hockey while meeting them in passing.

Ok, so a quick look at the Roster reveals that none of them are from here, so my guess is someone that has played extensive time here in the minors. Kesler, Bieksa, Hansen and Schneider.

I know you hate Guzzler, so no to Kes. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say its not the Euro Trash.

I think its one of Juice or Schneids. Boom.

Actually its Henrik Sedin.
They got stuck in an Elevator once and had a romantic encounter.

Your detective work was cute though.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Jared Smithson signs a PTO with the Marlies. A good faceoff guy, who played for Noel, going to the winning Leafs organization. Probably could help the Jets more than Matt Halischuk has.

bazaaa*

My source is an NHL player who was Mason's teammate last year, and is a good friend. The Jets offered Raymond a one year deal at the very beginning of FA. Mason thought he could get a longer term deal so he turned it down.

From there your guess is as good as mine but I would imagine the Jets pulled the deal off the table so they could go after another player (Halischuk)? Raymond then as we know was on a PTO with Toronto. As for why no other NHL team (as far as we know) offered him more than one year? Who knows?

At any rate, harping on it every time Raymond gets a point is kind of tired. The Jets wanted him, many here wanted him, but it didn't work out. Time to move on.

He was still there for the taking. Whether we made an offer or not. If they would have stuck with it, they could have acquired him.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm going to figure this out. Team mates last year were all Vancouver Canucks, so my deduction is that it must have been someone that has spent time in this city as a player. I don't know how old you are, but you make comments that could make it go either way. Your anecdote about meeting someone on line and hooking up tells me that your younger, it makes me think under thirty. However, you make comments about having a serious connection to the Winnipeg Jets, which makes me think that your probably over thirty. I'm 26 and I barely remember anything about the Jets tbh. I'm thinking 28-33 age wise.

A quick look at your profile revealed nothing, except that you joined in '04. Which means nothing.

I also know that you play D, and one of your favorite players is Phil Housley. So I think we're looking for a player of similar age that either came from Winnipeg, or played here as a Manitoba Moose. While its not impossible, I do think its unlikely that you became good buddies with someone playing professional hockey while meeting them in passing.

Ok, so a quick look at the Roster reveals that none of them are from here, so my guess is someone that has played extensive time here in the minors. Kesler, Bieksa, Hansen and Schneider.

I know you hate Guzzler, so no to Kes. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say its not the Euro Trash.

I think its one of Juice or Schneids. Boom.

Actually its Henrik Sedin.
They got stuck in an Elevator once and had a romantic encounter.

Your detective work was cute though.

Plot twist - it was actually Daniel.

Haha oh, you guys. Actually it was Henrik, but he was pretending to be Daniel. :sarcasm:

That was a great bit of sleuthing, sully but tbh it is a whole lot simpler than that. I actually think I may have given it away at some point on these very boards... :D

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Haha oh, you guys. Actually it was Henrik, but he was pretending to be Daniel. :sarcasm:

That was a great bit of sleuthing, sully but tbh it is a whole lot simpler than that. I actually think I may have given it away at some point on these very boards... :D

Wiese?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
When I run real fast I do a bit, yeah.

original

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

I didn't want to have search your posts, I've refrained from that thus far, I may have to now though!

If it is Bieksa, can you ask him to send me an autograph?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Reimer made the start for the Leafs tonight, only to be taken out by his own teammate 32 seconds into the game. Looks bad, too. Reimer went to cover a puck outside of his crease and got smacked in the head by Josh Leivo's upper thigh as he tried to avoid Reimer. He was down on the ice for a good 2 minutes before getting up and off.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Reimer made the start for the Leafs tonight, only to be taken out by his own teammate 32 seconds into the game. Looks bad, too. Reimer went to cover a puck outside of his crease and got smacked in the head by Josh Leivo's upper thigh as he tried to avoid Reimer. He was down on the ice for a good 2 minutes before getting up and off.

Good news for my fantasy team, but that just makes me feel like a dick.

I hope he's okay. :(

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
wow Seth Jones just scored a beauty late in the 3rd to put the Preds up over 27:00 ice time

The kid looks like he is going to be total stud right off the bat.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
wow Seth Jones just scored a beauty late in the 3rd to put the Preds up over 27:00 ice time

The kid looks like he is going to be total stud right off the bat.

That was a great read to jump up and a nice toe drag. And he pissed off Carey Price too. After our 3-0 loss to the Habs that made me smile. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad