Around the league - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Can't believe he roofed it from that close in. Was watching the game and heard them scream Hertl and looked up to see him on a breakaway and pull that move. Got goosebumps seeing him score the 4th one.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Can't believe he roofed it from that close in. Was watching the game and heard them scream Hertl and looked up to see him on a breakaway and pull that move. Got goosebumps seeing him score the 4th one.

It was a thing of beauty no doubt.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Not the NHL, but sounds like Sergei Fedorov is going to come out of retirement and play in the KHL.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
How was Hertl regarded before this season?

I had him as a Calder candidate until I had heard (incorrectly) that he was being sent down to AHL. He has been playing pro hockey for 2 years already, leading his Czech team in scoring in each of the last two seasons (a top team). A very smart player with great hands (obviously) I have been really high on him since before draft. In my first of doing rankings I was timid to put players too far out of consensus, but I was still higher on him than most (having him at #17, where many said SJS reached for Hertl).

SJS are one of the best drafting teams in the NHL, IMO. Between 03-07 SJS got Michalek, Steve Bernier, Carle, Pavelski, Mitchell, Setoguchi, Vlasic, Joslin, Stalock, McGinn, McCarthy, Couture, Bonino, Braun, McLaren. Pretty unreal. In recent years steals like Mueller, Hertl, Nieto, Coyle, Wingels, Demers already becoming players, with lots of potential. For all the talk of SJS window "ending" with the aging Thornton, Marleau, Boyle I don't think SJS will be in any trouble at all, they have plenty of players.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Which goes to maybe show that teams don't HAVE to hit absolute rock bottom and tank for top 5 picks for a bunch of years as the only way to build a team.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Interesting that the Sharks are one team who's scouts have acknowledged they employ people who advise management based on advanced statistics and even have their chl scouts track corsi on a game by game basis

also If I were a GM and Wilson called me I would be tempted to hang up

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Mike Santorelli is off to a great start centring the third line for the Canucks. Would have love to have kept him, but I suppose too many bodies and Vancouver is his hometown so we probably would have had to overpay to keep him.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Mike Santorelli is off to a great start centring the third line for the Canucks. Would have love to have kept him, but I suppose too many bodies and Vancouver is his hometown so we probably would have had to overpay to keep him.

Last game he was playing with the Sedins. I really wanted to keep him too, thought he was great when he was here.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This is more of what I expect from the Toronto Maple Leafs. Their play is starting to catch up with them. They are still scoring more than they should. I know I probably should be cheering for the Leafs seeing as we are in the West but I don't want to :)

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Bernier has been very good for the TML so far and Dubnyk has a career .914 sv%

I'd probably take either over Pavelec.

Funny
If pavelec played like either one of these two tonight stokes would be had everywhere.

Both have played like **** for the most part tonight.

I would take Bernier hell no to Dubnykov

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
He has been awful this year but he still has a career .914 with the Oilers playing in front of him.

He is always awful.
The oilers still give up less shots then the jets do.
Not saying pavelec is better. Because as far as I am concerned they are pretty much equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad