Around the league - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Leafs up 2-0 on the Wild. Rielly made a nice pass to Smith to split Minny's top pair D of Suter and Brodin and beat Keumper 5-hole.

EDIT: Wild have a great PP. Great movement all around. They are so good at finding a soft spot in the slot for shots and passes.

EDIT 2: Wild outshot the Leaves 18-3 through one and are down 2-1.

Last edited:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
ivUrD7rKfsLJR.gif

bazaaa*

Mason Raymond, 4 goals and 8 points in 7 games. I'm so glad we went with what we have on the third line and didn't go after him.

bazaaa*

As has been stated ad nauseum we made an offer.
He didn't accept.
The rest is unclear.

That's irrelevant.
First, is there actual real life proof we made an offer? (Serious question, I remember the talk but can't remember the source)
Second, the offer could have been league minimum.
I highly doubt he turns down $2M when he has ties here as well. Probably not even $1.5M. Leafs invited him to camp, not even a guarantee, so he was desperate to sign anywhere.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
That's irrelevant.
First, is there actual real life proof we made an offer? (Serious question, I remember the talk but can't remember the source)
I highly doubt he turns down $2M when he has ties here as well. Probably not even $1.5M. Leafs invited him to camp, not even a guarantee, so he was desperate to sign anywhere.

How so? Because you don't agree with it? Yeah, that makes all the sense in the world... :help:

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
That's irrelevant.

How is it irrelevant?
You said why didn't they go after him.
They did.
They didn't land him, but that's a two way street all the can do is make an offer they were comfortable with.

And Jet has a source who told him.
Do I know the source no, but I trust Jet. He knows the rules about passing off information as well as anyone. So if he feels confident to say it, it's good enough for me.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
And Jet has a source who told him.
Do I know the source no, but I trust Jet. He knows the rules about passing off information as well as anyone. So if he feels confident to say it, it's good enough for me.

I know Jet's source and I would trust it. For the record.

bazaaa*

Irrelevant as in we don't know what was offered.
Maybe we offered Lecavalier $1M to come here. Does that mean we really tried to get him?
Same Jet that had another "source" that turned out to be not true?
I'm not saying it's not true, I was just wondering if there was legit proof or not.
And Jet's "source" said Raymond turned down the offer because he wanted a longer term contract. So that pretty much debunks the whole source thing right there.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Maybe we offered Lecavalier $1M to come here. Does that mean we really tried to get him?
I'm not saying it's not true, I was just wondering if there was legit proof or not.
And Jet's "source" said Raymond turned down the offer because he wanted a longer term contract. So that pretty much debunks the whole source thing right there.

How so? Because he accepted a one year deal with the Leafs? I don't see how that debunks Jets' source. Our offer was supposedly made early in the off-season, while the Leafs' one was during TC. Tell me what Raymond's options were in the NHL at that point.

All you're doing is offering up theory and supposition to validate your argument. Jets' source claim is a lot more substantial than that.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

My source is an NHL player who was Mason's teammate last year, and is a good friend. The Jets offered Raymond a one year deal at the very beginning of FA. Mason thought he could get a longer term deal so he turned it down.

From there your guess is as good as mine but I would imagine the Jets pulled the deal off the table so they could go after another player (Halischuk)? Raymond then as we know was on a PTO with Toronto. As for why no other NHL team (as far as we know) offered him more than one year? Who knows?

At any rate, harping on it every time Raymond gets a point is kind of tired. The Jets wanted him, many here wanted him, but it didn't work out. Time to move on.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
My source is an NHL player who was Mason's teammate last year, and is a good friend. The Jets offered Raymond a one year deal at the very beginning of FA. Mason thought he could get a longer term deal so he turned it down.

From there your guess is as good as mine but I would imagine the Jets pulled the deal off the table so they could go after another player (Halischuk)? Raymond then as we know was on a PTO with Toronto. As for why no other NHL team (as far as we know) offered him more than one year? Who knows?

At any rate, harping on it every time Raymond gets a point is kind of tired. The Jets wanted him, many here wanted him, but it didn't work out. Time to move on.

I'm going to figure this out. Team mates last year were all Vancouver Canucks, so my deduction is that it must have been someone that has spent time in this city as a player. I don't know how old you are, but you make comments that could make it go either way. Your anecdote about meeting someone on line and hooking up tells me that your younger, it makes me think under thirty. However, you make comments about having a serious connection to the Winnipeg Jets, which makes me think that your probably over thirty. I'm 26 and I barely remember anything about the Jets tbh. I'm thinking 28-33 age wise.

A quick look at your profile revealed nothing, except that you joined in '04. Which means nothing.

I also know that you play D, and one of your favorite players is Phil Housley. So I think we're looking for a player of similar age that either came from Winnipeg, or played here as a Manitoba Moose. While its not impossible, I do think its unlikely that you became good buddies with someone playing professional hockey while meeting them in passing.

Ok, so a quick look at the Roster reveals that none of them are from here, so my guess is someone that has played extensive time here in the minors. Kesler, Bieksa, Hansen and Schneider.

I know you hate Guzzler, so no to Kes. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say its not the Euro Trash.

I think its one of Juice or Schneids. Boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad