Around the League Part 9: The Post-Tavareslyptic Hellscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It’s not that it’s humorous, its just that the photo looks so graceful... He’s in the midst of grabbing a slice of strawberry. While sipping on a mimosa. The whole tray of fruit belongs to him. There’s a party going on in the background, but Victor Rask can only think of one thing, and it’s food. This picture is beautiful, it’s art.... Enjoy its beauty

"'Mingle', they told me. I will mingle all this in my stomach."

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He (Brouwer) wasn't wrong though.

"It was tough to lose his scoring ability when he wanted to play," Brouwer said on Monday. "But all in all I think we've been doing well without him."

"Some nights you didn't even know if he was gonna come to the rink. It's tough to play alongside guys like those because you don't know what you're gonna get out of 'em."

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
He (Brouwer) wasn't wrong though.

"It was tough to lose his scoring ability when he wanted to play," Brouwer said on Monday. "But all in all I think we've been doing well without him."

"Some nights you didn't even know if he was gonna come to the rink. It's tough to play alongside guys like those because you don't know what you're gonna get out of 'em."
We talking about Semin or Skinner?

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
8 years, 51.2 million dollars for John Gibson.

This confirms we're going to have to pony up a small fortune just to have a chance at signing a good, proven UFA starting goalie if we can't develop our own. Nevermind what we had to pay to get a guy like Darling to come here... :laugh:
Honest question....what's the average span of good seasons for an above average goalie with the same team?

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
8 years, 51.2 million dollars for John Gibson.

This confirms we're going to have to pony up a small fortune just to have a chance at signing a good, proven UFA starting goalie if we can't develop our own. Nevermind what we had to pay to get a guy like Darling to come here... :laugh:

Just further proves that the best and most likely only feasible way to get a #1 is by drafting one and that they don’t magically appear from the NHL goalie tree every year.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Just further proves that the best and most likely only feasible way to get a #1 is by drafting one and that they don’t magically appear from the NHL goalie tree every year.

Really? Because many of the starters in the league weren't drafted by the team they currently play for. They're acquired through trade/FA. Talbot, Andersen, Jones, Dubnyk, Bob, Markstrom, Anderson, Smith, Halak, Bishop, Schneider, Riemer, etc

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
Really? Because many of the starters in the league weren't drafted by the team they currently play for. They're acquired through trade/FA. Talbot, Andersen, Jones, Dubnyk, Bob, Markstrom, Anderson, Smith, Halak, Bishop, Schneider, Riemer, etc

You still haven’t unproven my point and thanks for only taken one nugget from my first sentence will ignoring the rest.

Teams still had to give up assets to acquire them and many on that list are or were backups that happened to to turn into starters for better or worse and then others were reclamation projects that got lucky or moved during down years. So really no different then what weve tried with Lack, Khudobin and Darling and now Mrazek.

Now take those names you gave, how many of them have actually been the starter when they lead their teams to a cup or atleast deep in the playoffs multiple times over. Maybe a couple for playoff runs? Look at the list of Stanley cup winners over the last 15 years or so and see how many of them won with a goaltender they drafted. By the way it includes the Hurricanes who would not have won without Cam
Ward.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
76FB0FEF-84EC-46B7-8280-F4433DF2D496.jpeg

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad